Lovers' Quarrel Over Nude Photos Ends in Stabbing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Lovers' Quarrel Over Nude Photos Ends in Stabbing

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:18 pm I don’t supposed you chaps who keep chopping up your quotes could refrain, and leave the [ quote=] in place, just to make it a little easier on us poor gin sozzled by mid afternoon mere mortals to follow the debate…?
Pot, kettle? :popcorn:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SlowJoe wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
Relationships are complicated, and that's why I only commented (besides the stalking part which is easy to verify) that you can heal from a bad past situation and not hold a grudge against all other members of a certain sex, race, etc. That was the main point.
I suppose you're referring to @rozzieoz. Ever met het her irl? Just wondered if you referred to her online personality or her in person.

To be honest I think the flak she received in this thread and in the gluten free thread was way over the top, and her comment on this forum being male dominated was spot on.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:31 pm I suppose you're referring to @rozzieoz. Ever met het her irl? Just wondered if you referred to her online personality or her in person.

To be honest I think the flak she received in this thread and in the gluten free thread was way over the top, and her comment on this forum being male dominated was spot on.
We have a few mutual friends, but no, I don't know Roz personally.

The gluten wasn't what I was responding to, I was mainly responding to this below.
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:48 am The man is never in the wrong.
Sorry, I forgot.

In response to the "holding a grudge against the opposite sex", I said that because she was taking a stance with the woman in the news story without being open to people stating observations about the woman's behaviour.

Also, she was mentioning viewpoints about how the woman might have felt, and those seemed as if they came from a personal place (feeling helpless, relating the iPad smashing story, etc.)

So one can only assume from her own words.

To me the gluten thread doesn't mean anything. I myself am allergic to so many things that most people aren't, so if anything I sympathize with foods catered to people with similar issues like me who just want to have a good meal and know you're not going to be experiencing symptoms hours or even days later.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:01 pm How should she have dealt with this situation?
Just curious on people's opinions.
I think this question has been forgotten.
Don’t ask such an open question if there is a chance that the answers won’t be to one’s liking.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:13 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:01 pm How should she have dealt with this situation?
Just curious on people's opinions.
I think this question has been forgotten.
Don’t ask such an open question if there is a chance that the answers won’t be to one’s liking.
So basically, what else could she have done except stabbing her lover?

Well hmm. Good one. Can't think of anything really.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SlowJoe wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:55 pm
The gluten wasn't what I was responding to, I was mainly responding to this below.
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:48 am The man is never in the wrong.
Sorry, I forgot.

In response to the "holding a grudge against the opposite sex", I said that because she was taking a stance with the woman in the news story without being open to people stating observations about the woman's behaviour.

Also, she was mentioning viewpoints about how the woman might have felt, and those seemed as if they came from a personal place (feeling helpless, relating the iPad smashing story, etc.)

So one can only assume from her own words.

Fair enough, but I didn't really feel like the people standing on the other side (men?) were very 'open' towards Roz's point of view either, so the attack seemed pretty random to me.

It's something I tend to notice more and more, posters taking stand instead of discussing.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:31 pm
Relationships are complicated, and that's why I only commented (besides the stalking part which is easy to verify) that you can heal from a bad past situation and not hold a grudge against all other members of a certain sex, race, etc. That was the main point.
I suppose you're referring to @rozzieoz. Ever met het her irl? Just wondered if you referred to her online personality or her in person.

Are you referring to the “flak” Rozzie received after snapping at, and abusing a poster who asked a harmless question about her cookies? ffs
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am

Are you referring to the “flak” Rozzie received after snapping at, and abusing a poster who asked a harmless question about her cookies? ffs
I see a pattern. Just like in the 'gluten thread', you're pretending (or seem to be pretending) to be seriously interested, but part of your response signals you're not. I highlighted that part for your convenience.

If I recall well @rozzieoz did the same in the gluten thread, after which you conveniently ignored her comment about it during the rest of the discussion. Maybe the statement below applies to you too?
The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:19 am Rozzieoz is holding a royal flush of victim cards.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:29 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am

I see a pattern. Just like in the 'gluten thread', you're pretending (or seem to be pretending) to be seriously interested, but part of your response signals you're not. I highlighted that part for your convenience.

If I recall well @rozzieoz did the same in the gluten thread, after which you conveniently ignored her comment about it during the rest of the discussion. Maybe the statement below applies to you too?
The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:19 am Rozzieoz is holding a royal flush of victim cards.
OK Fanboy.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:24 am Fair enough, but I didn't really feel like the people standing on the other side (men?) were very 'open' towards Roz's point of view either, so the attack seemed pretty random to me.

It's something I tend to notice more and more, posters taking stand instead of discussing.
I think that's because a lot of us expats here (myself included) come from abusive or dysfunctional backgrounds, and because of that many tend to project and attack from the place we are hurt from inside, even subconsciously at times.

My personal take a what could be.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic