There's a Rat in my Hotel Room, What'm I Gonna Do ???

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

There's a Rat in my Hotel Room, What'm I Gonna Do ???

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

'The hotel said it came from the luggage': Aaron Aziz discovers rat in Cambodian room
July 25, 2022
published at 12:47 PMByKhoo Yi-Hang
Aaron Aziz found an uninvited guest in their Cambodian hotel room and went without sleep for a night.

'Squeaky clean'? The room may not be so clean, but it's certainly squeaky.
Singaporean actor Aaron Aziz recently revealed in a now-deleted Instagram post that he found a rat* in his hotel room in Cambodia.
[*CEO News says that this tiny rodent is probably a mouse].
The 46-year-old was there with his wife to aid their friend in the restoration of a mosque.

However, upon arrival at their room in an undisclosed hotel in Phnom Penh, they were met with a strange guest: a rat.
Aaron also shared a picture of the rodent stuck to a glue trap that was allegedly left there by hotel staff.

He said: "Good morning from Phnom Penh… we couldn't sleep well — I couldn't sleep, thinking about [the rat]."

He shared that even after changing the bedsheets, he couldn't find rest because he had previously contracted leptospirosis — a rare bacterial infection — in 2010 from a rat.

But despite the rattling experience, Aaron still wished the best for the trapped animal.

"I stated many times, 'Please let it go'," Aaron said. "The hotel said it was released. I hope that's true."

The hotel later provided Aaron and his wife with new rooms.
https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/h ... odian-room
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: There's a Rat in my Hotel Room, What'm I Gonna Do ???

Post by Alex »

What an imbecile.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

set it free !! a bloody rat FFS suppose he doesn't spray for cockroaches either if he likes rats to run around free why complain about it . Idiot whoever he is .
Lastly has anyone ever tried removing any living thing from those sticky mats I tried rescuing a swallow (bird) from one once and a gecko it simply is not possible kindest thing to do is put them out of their misery.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:01 pm set it free !! a bloody rat FFS suppose he doesn't spray for cockroaches either if he likes rats to run around free why complain about it . Idiot whoever he is .
Lastly has anyone ever tried removing any living thing from those sticky mats I tried rescuing a swallow (bird) from one once and a gecko it simply is not possible kindest thing to do is put them out of their misery.
Imbecile :)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

He reported the rodent to the authorities, so who's the rat now ?
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

Aaron and Yi tag teamin the 20 riel clickbait!

Try going to sleep with a spider the size of your palm, somewhere, in the room--then those travel sized Star Wars Minions wet wipes'll come in handy!
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Was walking on 19 south of 172 the other day and saw a rat 3-4 times that come out of a sewer entrance right in front of me. Also river bistro had one scurrying around under the outside tables when I had breakfast there a couple weeks ago around that same size.

This is probably about as interesting as that story.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Slow news day?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Haha :plus1:

It's been shown before but the rodent could have come up through the toilet..

hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

Rats are a part of life. Subtropical environments and big cities are a natural place for them to breed in excess. I have seen so many rats in restaurants here. so I've gone cold about getting sick from it, or getting a disease from it. So now I just want to arrest the Food Safety Council back in the nanny states.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic