Entering Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
samlove
Tourist
Great Britain

Entering Cambodia

Post by samlove »

This question may have been answered many times but I can’t see anything new. Last post was around March time.

I’ve checked online and the information is a bit misleading.

What are the entry requirements? Do you need to be fully vaccinated and do you still need to apply for a visa before arriving or can you get it on the border like you could pre covid.

Cheers!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Entering Cambodia

Post by Doc67 »

samlove wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:39 am This question may have been answered many times but I can’t see anything new. Last post was around March time.

What are the entry requirements? Do you need to be fully vaccinated and do you still need to apply for a visa before arriving or can you get it on the border like you could pre covid.

Cheers!
Visa on Arrival is back, but if all you want is a 30 day Tourist visa then these are available online again via https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ Only use this official government website as all the others will charge you more. Tourist visas are extendable for a further 30 days. If you are planning to stay for more than 2 month then get an EB (Ordinary) visa at the airport and extend once in country until your heart's content.

You don't need to be vaccinated but if not you will be subjected to a rapid test at the airport and if you test positive they will completely ruin your holiday. I think they still have quarantine hotels operating just for such people.

If you are vaccinated then bring your vax certificate printed in colour and you'll be fine. Apparently they are barely checking anymore.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Don't you still have to quarantine 14 days if you're not vaccinated? That's the latest news from my embassy at least.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:39 am
samlove wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:39 am This question may have been answered many times but I can’t see anything new. Last post was around March time.

Cheers!
Visa on Arrival is back, but if all you want is a 30 day Tourist visa then these are available online again via https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ Only use this official government website as all the others will charge you more. Tourist visas are extendable for a further 30 days. If you are planning to stay for more than 2 month then get an EB (Ordinary) visa at the airport and extend once in country until your heart's content.

You don't need to be vaccinated but if not you will be subjected to a rapid test at the airport and if you test positive they will completely ruin your holiday. I think they still have quarantine hotels operating just for such people.

If you are vaccinated then bring your vax certificate printed in colour and you'll be fine. Apparently they are barely checking anymore.
I don't think you can get an EB on entry. You can only get E, the B part is an extension.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:52 am Don't you still have to quarantine 14 days if you're not vaccinated? That's the latest news from my embassy at least.
I think it is either 7 days or home quarantine. Either way, you want to avoid it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:55 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:39 am

Cheers!

I don't think you can get an EB on entry. You can only get E, the B part is an extension.
You are right JB, I just checked my old one month airport issued ones and they are stamped EI.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:49 pm Exemption from Quarantine for unvaccinated travellers requirements.

Rapid test on arrival, $5
If negative, free to go
If positive
  • Self quarantine at private residence
  • Quarantine at Govt approved quarantine hotel at own expense (if no private residence)
Official/Professional translation will be posted in due course.

Unashamedly quoted and copied from PSD’s earlier thread

Full thread here
the-road/quarantine-free-entry-for-unvaxxed-t50490.html
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:55 am Unashamedly quoted and copied from PSD’s earlier thread

Full thread here
the-road/quarantine-free-entry-for-unvaxxed-t50490.html
Thanks, I didn't see that thread before and my embassy had outdated info.

Amazing news wow, so we can fly out without vaccine or test and come back wish just the test? Is this the current setup?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

COVID-19 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
With Effect 17th March 2022
*Update for the unvaxxed - with effect 11th July 2022

1. VISA’s – How to obtain a Visa:

Visa on Arrival - All Visa types available (A, B, C, E, T, K). Select the Visa type you require when filling out the Immigration Card, pay fee at VOA counter upon arrival, receive Visa, proceed to passport control
Visa in Advance - All Visa types available (A, B, C, E, T, K). Apply for the Visa type you require in advance from the Cambodian Embassy/Consulate accredited to the country you are in. Be advised that supporting documentation criteria requirements apply.
e-Visa (T-type) - Tourists can also apply for the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) at www.evisa.gov.kh
e-Visa (E-type) Taiwanese passport holders only are eligible to apply for the E-type (Ordinary) Visa online at https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
Visa Exempt Entry - for ASEAN and other eligible passport holders (refer to Visa exempt entry list in the pictures).

2. PRE-FLIGHT PCR TEST:
There is no requirement for any travellers to Cambodia to have any form of pre-flight COVID-19 test for entry to Cambodia.
Travellers still need to check and meet the requirements of any transit destinations.

Travellers, especially the unvaccinated, are encouraged to conduct a self administered Rapid Antigen Test prior to travelling.

3. COVID-19 VACCINATION CARD/CERTIFICATE:
All fully vaccinated travellers are required to present their vaccination card/certificate in order to be eligible for quarantine free entry without testing on arrival.

Confirmation of complete vaccination status
Final dose required to have been administered at least 14 days prior to arrival
Must state:
- Travellers Name
- Type of Vaccine
- Date of vaccination's
Must be hard copy (not digital on phone/tablet), if it is a card then make a colour photocopy, if digital then print out in colour.

Unvaccinated under 18-year-olds travelling as part of a family group, will be quarantined in accordance with the period that applies to their parents. Therefore, kids with vaccinated parents are exempt from quarantine.

There is no maximum timeframe since final required dose, boosters are not required to be eligible for quarantine free entry.

Recovery from COVID certificates are NOT recognised.

4. COVID-19 TESTING ON ARRIVAL:

Vaccinated Travellers: No testing on arrival
Unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated Travellers: Rapid Antigen Test on arrival, cost $5

5. QUARANTINE PERIODS:

No Quarantine: Fully Vaccinated Travellers & unvaccinated travellers who test negative on arrival.
Self Quarantine: Unvaccinated travellers who test positive on arrival but have no, or mild, symptoms can quarantine if they have a suitable, private, place of residence.
Hotel Quarantine: Unvaccinated travellers who test positive on arrival but have no, or mild, symptoms, but do not have a suitable, private, place of residence, will be sent to a Government allocated quarantine hotel, at their own expense.
Treatment Facility/Hospital Quarantine: Unvaccinated travellers who test positive on arrival and have severe symptoms/illness.
Children: Unvaccinated under 18-year-olds travelling as part of a family group, will be quarantined in accordance with the period that applies to their parents. Therefore, children travelling with fully vaccinated parents are exempt from quarantine.

7. COVID-19 Insurance:
There are no mandatory insurance requirements for travellers to Cambodia.

Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic