Entering Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Entering Cambodia

Post by Alex »

When I arrived earlier this month, literally the only change compared with pre-Covid procedures was that both check-in staff and a guy at Phnom Penh airport glanced at my vaccination certificate. Glanced.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I flew into Siem Reap 2 weeks ago. I had to show my vaccination papers in Hanoi. I flew via HCMC and nobody there, or indeed upon arrival in SR, asked for the vaccination papers again.

I had my e-visa and and it took me less than ten minutes from arrival to standing in front of the airport with a cold Cambodia beer in hand,
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

hanno wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:55 pm ... with a cold Cambodia beer in hand,
I am sorry for your unfortunate experience... :D
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Receiving many reports the past couple weeks about a real lack of "give-a-fuck" by authorities at the airports, basically just waiving most arrivals through, not checking vaxx certs, not administering RAT tests to those who are unvaxxed, etc....but then also receiving reports from people claiming the complete opposite...guess it all depends on who's on shift.

Will see what it's like when I next fly in in a couple weeks time.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I flew PNH-BKK-LHR-DUB last week with my son and not once were we asked for any COVID certs or anything like that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
samlove
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by samlove »

Seems the prices of rent are all over the place tho!
Last edited by samlove on Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
samlove
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by samlove »

Thanks for all the information! Really appreciate it. Been dying to get back.. have put the trip off for almost two years now.

A friend recently spent the last 3 weeks in PP and said somethings have changed and somethings haven’t. So we will see what happens!
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

So basically if you’re unvaxed you may have to do a rapid test on arrival for Cambodia, Vietnam is wide open with no testing, and Thailand requires a RT-PCR. Again, this is for the unvaxed. I think the rest of SEA is still locked down for the pure bloods.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

TheImplication wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am So basically if you’re unvaxed you may have to do a rapid test on arrival for Cambodia, Vietnam is wide open with no testing, and Thailand requires a RT-PCR. Again, this is for the unvaxed. I think the rest of SEA is still locked down for the pure bloods.
Latest information for Laos: Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers over 12 years old will need to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 (rapid ATK) test taken within 48 hours before travel. You won't need to quarantine. If you contract COVID-19 while in Laos, you'll be responsible for your treatment costs.
kiwikiwon
Tourist
Puerto Rico

Post by kiwikiwon »

I'm am unvaccinated US citizen and thinking about a roundtrip to USA and back next week. My visa is good until next year, is it ok?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic