Is monkeypox now in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Re: Is monkeypox now in Cambodia?

Post by WillieW »

In my opinion unnatural sex like males on males anal sex and sex with animals is being 'punished' if you like , by mother nature. As these kinds of unnatural intercourse become more accepted in society , even encouraged , these kinds of disease will continue to plague humanity.
Be your own toy.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

John Bingham wrote:There has been a cure for Leprosy for many years so that's not comparable. And I didn't see any straw man there, just you not being able to back up your assertion.
Assertion. HIV research funding is greater than TB funding in the US.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tb+fun ... s-wiz-serp. 3.1 Billion.

As compared to.

https://www.kff.org/global-health-poli ... s-efforts/ 300 million, up from 64 million.

And

https://www.kff.org/global-health-poli ... laria/amp/ 900 million (up from 146 million)

Or just look at how many HIV drugs are there out there as opposed to the others. More drugs, more research, more dollars spent by the pharmaceutical industry.

And why is there a leprosy, especially in the US? As you say, it’s cured.

https://www.hrsa.gov/hansens-disease/d ... stics.html

But since you are so determined to be right, then I must concede your point.

Obviously, TB funding by the US and the pharmaceutical industry is much more than HIV. How could I have missed such an obvious example of your intellectual superiority?

JB, thanks more making discussions all the more interesting.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:56 pm limited supplies, makes perfect sense to me to only test those that are in a high risk group>

why would a normal healthy heterosexual man that doesn't fuck around with hookers or druggies want the test?
Logic hasn’t stopped folks lining up for a 4th Covid booster .... just sayin’ ...... I’m curious what the FB banner announcing one has their Monkey Pox vax will look like ....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

WillieW wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:09 pm In my opinion unnatural sex like males on males anal sex and sex with animals is being 'punished' if you like , by mother nature. As these kinds of unnatural intercourse become more accepted in society , even encouraged , these kinds of disease will continue to plague humanity.
Not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing :wink: ...but...

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

WillieW wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:09 pm In my opinion unnatural sex like males on males anal sex.... being 'punished' if you like , by mother nature.
Studies show homosexuality prevalent in at least ten percent of species - it's a natural thang!

Edited because thinking is hard.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:41 pm
WillieW wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:09 pm In my opinion unnatural sex like males on males anal sex.... being 'punished' if you like , by mother nature.
Studies show homosexuality prevalent in at least ten percent of species which indisputably proves the behavior natural, or as you prefer, condoned by Mother Nature.

Now, get your good book of witches spells and be gone, WillieW.
Why are some ‘opinions’ ok and others not ?? Earlier today I saw someone advocating for the immediate banning of ‘trolls’.... is there a CEO standing committee as to which points of view are acceptable and which are not ??

Why is it ok to take up bandwidth to wax poetic philosophically about personal conundrums, but to voice a sincerely held belief pertinent to the discussion at hand (and subsequently easily and equally civilly debated against) is met with encouragement to leave the forum ....
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

WillieW wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:09 pm In my opinion unnatural sex like males on males anal sex and sex with animals is being 'punished' if you like , by mother nature. As these kinds of unnatural intercourse become more accepted in society , even encouraged , these kinds of disease will continue to plague humanity.
There's nothing "unnatural" about homosexuality; it exists in most animal species and always has - if you have some sort of weird post-religious virtue complex or homophobia then that's on you.

Now beastiality (that's humans having sex with animals for any thickos) ; well you possibly have a point there:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:01 pm
Studies show homosexuality prevalent in at least ten percent of species which indisputably proves the behavior natural, or as you prefer, condoned by Mother Nature.

Why are some ‘opinions’ ok and others not ?? Earlier today I saw someone advocating for the immediate banning of ‘trolls’.... is there a CEO standing committee as to which points of view are acceptable and which are not ??

Why is it ok to take up bandwidth to wax poetic philosophically about personal conundrums, but to voice a sincerely held belief pertinent to the discussion at hand (and subsequently easily and equally civilly debated against) is met with encouragement to leave the forum ....
Because some opinions are patently wrong, and stunningly ignorant. And some of us are sick and tired of nut jobs spouting ridiculous conspiracy twaddle, extremist garbage and other crap garnered from YouTube from a guy living in a doomsday bunker called Doug who did half a year in community college to understand cellular mechanics.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:06 pm
There's nothing "unnatural" about homosexuality; it exists in most animal species and always has - if you have some sort of weird post-religious virtue complex or homophobia then that's on you.
Caveat: I'm atheist and I don't know whether WillieW is religious in any way.

Having said that, and I don't know about all religions but for Catholics..they believe it's an unnatural act and marriage is between a man and a woman. You either believe that or you don't, that's the nature of religion as I see it. Despite what happens in the animal kingdom..

I personally don't agree with many religious views however I think I (we) have to respect alternate views. I don't mean to sound like I'm pontificating if it comes across that way.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:14 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Because some opinions are patently wrong, and stunningly ignorant. And some of us are sick and tired of nut jobs spouting ridiculous conspiracy twaddle, extremist garbage and other crap garnered from YouTube from a guy living in a doomsday bunker called Doug who did half a year in community college to understand cellular mechanics.
Wow .... lots of personal opinions in there .... maybe your ‘some of us’ could just skip the stuff you don’t like instead of going full fascist and calling for the expulsion of those with thoughts and ideas you personally don’t like ?? Just a thought..... It wasn’t so long ago that ‘some’ here advocated the rounding up of anyone who questioned the necessity of the Covid vax, stripping them of freedom of movement & employment; and that was the friendly stuff .... now in hindsight with even Herr Fauci stating the vax doesn’t stop either infection or transmission would it ok to maybe give a short time out to those protagonists who obviously were spreading ‘conspiracy theories’ ?? Maybe something to ponder the next time ‘some of you’ are having a cancel culture meeting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic