My neighbar keeps his dogs in small cages, can anyone help?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Thegreatreset
Expatriate
Germany

Re: My neighbar keeps his dogs in small cages, can anyone help?

Post by Thegreatreset »

I just want them to let the dogs out, which would not make a difference to the owner since it is a large balcony and they can't run away. There is no reason to keep them in cages so why would he do that?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Thegreatreset wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:35 pm I just want them to let the dogs out, which would not make a difference to the owner since it is a large balcony and they can't run away. There is no reason to keep them in cages so why would he do that?
Maybe suggest the owner to let the dogs out, or better, offer to take them for a walk.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Thegreatreset wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:35 pm I just want them to let the dogs out, which would not make a difference to the owner since it is a large balcony and they can't run away. There is no reason to keep them in cages so why would he do that?
Maybe to prevent monkeys stealing and killing them or because the dogs may accidentally jump to their deaths, just spitballing

You could contact PPAWS but I sincerely doubt they would do anything
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:39 pm
Maybe suggest the owner to let the dogs out, or better, offer to take them for a walk.
I can feel a song coming on . . .
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I can feel a song coming on . . .
[/quote]

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Thegreatreset
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Thegreatreset »

I contacted Paws Cambodia and this is how they replied:

Unfortunately, Cambodia does not have animal welfare laws yet, which means there is nothing else we can do.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Thegreatreset wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am I contacted Paws Cambodia and this is how they replied:

Unfortunately, Cambodia does not have animal welfare laws yet, which means there is nothing else we can do.
Good on you for trying :)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Thegreatreset wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am I contacted Paws Cambodia and this is how they replied:

Unsurprised by the response. It is a challenge to feel so helpless and unable to impact a change.
You can’t even sneak out at night to release, as there’s always someone watching somewhere in Phnom Penh
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Thegreatreset
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Thegreatreset »

I just wanted someone to talk to the family, since they don't speak English.
The puppy meanwhile lost almost all his teeth from chewing on the steel cage.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Thegreatreset wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:33 pm I just wanted someone to talk to the family, since they don't speak English.
The puppy meanwhile lost almost all his teeth from chewing on the steel cage.
Oh that’s awful.

If you want someone to talk to them, join a Facebook group and post factually what you have observed. Ask if any local Cambodians would speak to the family. I suggest this, but am not knowledgeable enough about young Cambodians to know if this is something they would ever do.

You could try a general group and a group that is related to animal welfare.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic