Living in Bangkok on $1750 a Month

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Living in Bangkok on $1750 a Month

Post by yong »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Living in Bangkok on $1750 a Month

Post by General Mackevili »

Yong, you spend more than that on wine each month. :beer1:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
notagain
BANNED
Italy

Post by notagain »

Wow, it really pisses me off that some people can live on less than $2000 around here. Makes me think I'm really bad at getting a good deal with the locals for some reason. I hope it's just him.
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

Interesting, thanks.

@notagain: when you don't have $2000, you do what you have to. Set a mental barrier at $1500 and negotiate on that
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ouch...

Living the digital nomad life from that small condo without working outside much.... Far from living the dream, at least for me.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

That doesn't leave much left over for soapys.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

We lived very comfortable in Phuket on less than $1,200/month, 1 kms to the beach with a car, 2 motorcycles, a bicycle and 2 cats
Only ate out 2x/week and didn't frequent bars and such
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:44 am We lived very comfortable in Phuket on less than $1,200/month, 1 kms to the beach with a car, 2 motorcycles, a bicycle and 2 cats
Only ate out 2x/week and didn't frequent bars and such
How does that compare to Kep?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

That's about 61,000 baht a month. I spend a few thousand more than that living in Bangkok -- including rent and local transport. I can spend more but I just don't need to.

I never go to go-gos, soapies or super expensive restaurants nor drink super-expensive craft beers. I refuse to pay well over 200 baht for not even a pint. I just don't need it. I'm out in my neighbourhood with friends every night for 2-3 pints and a couple of whiskeys.

I buy mostly imported vegetables, top quality meats and some ready-made meals. Now, it is getting more expensive living here and recently I have been spending 5,000-7,000 baht more per month.

Oh yeah, I happily live alone, with not even an occasional guest.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:28 am That's about 61,000 baht a month. I spend a few thousand more than that living in Bangkok -- including rent and local transport. I can spend more but I just don't need to.

I never go to go-gos, soapies or super expensive restaurants nor drink super-expensive craft beers. I refuse to pay well over 200 baht for not even a pint. I just don't need it. I'm out in my neighbourhood with friends every night for 2-3 pints and a couple of whiskeys.

I buy mostly imported vegetables, top quality meats and some ready-made meals. Now, it is getting more expensive living here and recently I have been spending 5,000-7,000 baht more per month.

Oh yeah, I happily live alone, with not even an occasional guest.
That saves you the money for the 'date' once a week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic