Clinic for general blood tests

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Clinic for general blood tests

Post by Doc67 »

I am due for some blood tests and my usual doctor will charge a consultation fee before ordering the tests and then an uplift from the lab fee. The only benefit I get for all these added costs is an air conditioned room to sit in.

I know there is a clinic in street 154 by Norodom called Paramed Lab so if anyone can recommend them or any alternatives it would be appreciated.

I have tried a search and specified Blood Tests as the Topic title but the only result was from 2014 so an update might be useful.

As always, many thanks in advance...
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Clinic for general blood tests

Post by Freightdog »

I’m sure that’s who we used. We were sent by Dr Scott from the tropical diseases clinic, for a panel of tests.

It was his preference for somewhere reliable. Next day for most of the tests.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Family Clinic on 1019 (Hanoi) certainly does some blood tests onsite, they are on Facebook
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Paramed on 154 is fine but they try to oversell, eg if you ak for a PSA test they will put you down for both types of test when you normally only need the Total type.

Biomed on 128 is also good. Both places have nice helpful staff.

Check prices of each test as she ticks them on the form. Many are just a dollar or so, some much more, eg PSA at about $10.

Expect the plaster to fall off within 5 minutes.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 am I am due for some blood tests and my usual doctor will charge a consultation fee before ordering the tests and then an uplift from the lab fee. The only benefit I get for all these added costs is an air conditioned room to sit in.

Idk if you are a doctor of medicine yourself, but it's probably good to let your doctor define what tests you get

I've done hundreds of dollars of blood tests and all the rest at paramed and taken them to the batty English doctor who then berated me for not having seen him first and sent me back for more before launching into an eccentric rant about parasitic worm eggs being everywhere in this country
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:43 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 am I am due for some blood tests and my usual doctor will charge a consultation fee before ordering the tests and then an uplift from the lab fee. The only benefit I get for all these added costs is an air conditioned room to sit in.

Idk if you are a doctor of medicine yourself, but it's probably good to let your doctor define what tests you get

I've done hundreds of dollars of blood tests and all the rest at paramed and taken them to the batty English doctor who then berated me for not having seen him first and sent me back for more before launching into an eccentric rant about parasitic worm eggs being everywhere in this country
I can see why you have such confidence in the doctor defining the tests you need, or maybe not.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:53 am

I can see why you have such confidence in the doctor defining the tests you need, or maybe not.
Well, there days I take myself to a doctor with less quirks, a much more savoury reputation/history and who also charges less than $125 per consultation by a factor of 5
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:12 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:53 am

Well, there days I take myself to a doctor with less quirks, a much more savoury reputation/history and who also charges less than $125 per consultation by a factor of 5
I am going to use a composition of previous tests which covers the basics well enough. If anything comes up out of the normal parameters I'll seek professional advice. If I pass all the tests I will be throwing a party with the money saved on quack fees.

This is the menu:

Full Blood Count
Urea & Electrolytes
Enzymology - Liver function tests
Tumour Markers including PSA
Glycemia & HbA1c - blood sugar and history of it (diabetes)
Lipids - Cholesterol
Thyroid Function-T4 & TSH
Inogram - Sodium & Potasium
Plus all the poxes.

What is the parasite worm eggs? If that is a test I will add it to my shopping list.

Who's the batty doctor? Is it the one once seen in the newpapers for "dishonourable' reasons?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic