Have you been a victim of crime? Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Have you been a victim of crime in Cambodia or Southeast Asia?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 46
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Re: Have you been a victim of crime? Poll.

Post by rabbitoh »

Dario wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:11 am Other story of the NDE kind.
Was attacked by a crack gang in lisbon. Getting choked on the pavement between parked cars, watching at a tire from under the chassis, thinking: this is how it all ends now? Fucking pathetic!
Before i passed out. Came to soon after with the gang gone & my lovely Nokia 8310 but not my wallet! There's a reason for that which i'd rather not divulge.
Just curious, was this near Miradouru de Santa Catarina/Adamastor? They seemed pretty coordinated and testy on that hill.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

A victim 4 or 5 times over 20 years in Bangkok and the same # over 11 years here....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

for you all 14 that voted no
How long have you lived over here?
i think if anyone has been in se asia over 10 year an never been a victim lead a charmed life :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Twice. Once in Vietnam and once in Laos. Both occasions were entirely my own fault.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:49 am for you all 14 that voted no
How long have you lived over here?
i think if anyone has been in se asia over 10 year an never been a victim lead a charmed life :-)
I think about 5 or 6 years in SEA.
But I've stayed in quite tame places, like Kampot, and various islands.

Plus I look dirt poor and fucked up, I don't see why anyone would ever consider robbing me or similar.
Maybe give me a dollar lol
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

rabbitoh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:07 am
Dario wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:11 am Other story of the NDE kind.
Was attacked by a crack gang in lisbon. Getting choked on the pavement between parked cars, watching at a tire from under the chassis, thinking: this is how it all ends now? Fucking pathetic!
Before i passed out. Came to soon after with the gang gone & my lovely Nokia 8310 but not my wallet! There's a reason for that which i'd rather not divulge.
Just curious, was this near Miradouru de Santa Catarina/Adamastor? They seemed pretty coordinated and testy on that hill.
It was in Intendente, close to Praca Martim Moniz. And well coordinated.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

- Somebody took my "bins" (lol, love that word) in Singapore airport. My fault anyway for leaving them unattended.
- An Australian guy ( a so-called mate) borrowed money from me in Thailand and I never saw it again. I know who he is, and hope that maybe one day karma will get him (I can't be bothered - this was over 30 years ago.)
- I lost a camera in Sihanoukville under the same conditions as the "bins" - left it on a table for a minute or two of inattention. Completely my fault. (The idiot tax).
There's probably more. I'll think about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic