Looking for an RV Recreational Vehicle to rent

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Looking for an RV Recreational Vehicle to rent

Post by The Goat »

Greetings CEO. Have a professional film crew from California heading into town for a film production in the countryside. Was wondering if anyone knows where I could rent a quality RV like the USA style. Don't want a giant tour bus with a tour guide and kareoke. An RV with a cooking space, shower, fridge, net if possible etc. Been here over ten years and haven't seen anything like it. Maybe someone else here has. I have checked the boards and can't seem to find any topics related. As always, your help is appreciated. Thx for your time and leads. Something close enough may be good enough. Please 🙏 share. Would like to know how much for weekly and monthly please. Thank you CEO - apologize if this already posted elsewhere. Cheers
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking for an RV Recreational Vehicle to rent

Post by The Goat »

Remember seeing a mobile bus vehicle type modified bar in Phnom Penh years back. Something like this would work. Would need to accommodate roughly 4 people and they all like the grog anyway. Cheers
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

The dog rescue people had a converted bus. Didn't look very stylish. I think they come out of PP.
This was pre covid
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

This probably is of no use to helping you, but may give you a glimmer of hope...

A couple of years ago I saw a convoy of about a dozen recreational vehicles along Monivong or Norodom (can't remember which one), all different sizes from regular camping van to motor home to full sized bus, one thing they all had in common was the same colour scheme. No idea what they were doing, whether on their way to a showroom or what, certainly didn't appear to be a convoy of overlanders, and they all had Cambodian plates therefore obviously registered in Cambodia.

There was a thread posted by someone else who also saw them. Edit, here is the thread...

general-chatter/giant-caravan-winnebago ... =Winnebago

And some pictures of the bus...

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Imagine the import taxes on that bad boy!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Given it was registered as a bus, it's probably not so bad (3X plate vs. 1X plate). Given the cost of a Winnebago itself though, that's probably by far the worst part.

Those 8 and 9 litre diesel Hyundais with 3 and 5 plates can be had for sub $40k in good shape.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I recently saw a beautiful older model fully restored VW Microbus next to the car repair/body shop where I saw that big RV (the one in the photo above) in Toul Kork.
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

Thank you @wolfcreek @PSD-Kiwi @kagi
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

wolfcreek wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:46 pm I recently saw a beautiful older model fully restored VW Microbus next to the car repair/body shop where I saw that big RV (the one in the photo above) in Toul Kork.
Thank you for the response. Can you please let me know where the location is in Toul Kork ? Im sure if I go there, someone would remember. Cheers and thx
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I will post a picture if it is still there....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic