Female Tourist Drowns in Thailand (Graphic Video) NSFW

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Female Tourist Drowns in Thailand (Graphic Video) NSFW

Post by General Mackevili »

I just saw this horrific video (which I will put in a spoiler) which shows what I assume are Thai police taking the body of a drowned female out of the ocean. I assume she's a foreigner.

I couldn't find anything in the news, and no info about it on Facebook, but it appears recent. Surely this would have made the news, no? If anyone has a link for this it would be interesting to know more about this.

GRAPHIC VIDEO IN SPOILER:
Spoiler:

Don't say I didn't warn you. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Female Tourist Drowns in Thailand (Graphic Video) NSFW

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think this is it at my local beach GM on Wednesday by the looks of it. At first I thought the age looked iffy but I assume the guy they are interviewing is the young lad mentioned in the report, and I immediately thought the dyed blonde onlooker wearing the tent looked Russki. The story fits.

Russian woman drowns at Jomthien beach
BY EDITOR ON 2015-05-21 THAIVISA NEWS

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A 76-year-old Russian woman was found drowned at the Jomthien Beach near Pattaya, Chon Buri, Wednesday evening, police said. Pol Lt Col Chalermkiart Sirimark, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was alerted of the incident at 6 pm Wednesday. He was told that a foreign tourist drowned at the Jomthien Beach in front of Soi 1 Jomthien Beach in Moo 12 village in Tambon Nong Plua of Bang Lamung district. Chalermkiart rushed to the scene with rescuers from the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation. The officials found the body Nina Bahoma lying on the beach. A forensic doctor checked and did not find any trace of assault on her body. Her sandals, hat and lotion were found in a bag left on the beach. Her friend was crying near the body. An eyewitness, Chit Jaimun, 23, said while he was thronging the beach, he spotted a body floating with face down near the buoy floats to mark swimming zone. At the moment, he saw two tourists, who appeared like a father and a son, rushed to the sea to pull the body back to the beach. They found that the Russian tourist has already died.Police believe the woman might suffer an attack of her chronic aliment or might be hit by a cramp, causing her to drown. Her body will be sent to the Police Hospital’s Institute of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy. And police will inform the Russian Embassy to locate her relatives to claim the body for religious service, Chalermkiart said.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I think this is it at my local beach GM on Wednesday by the looks of it. At first I thought the age looked iffy but I assume the guy they are interviewing is the young lad mentioned in the report, and I immediately thought the dyed blonde onlooker wearing the tent looked Russki. The story fits.

Russian woman drowns at Jomthien beach
BY EDITOR ON 2015-05-21 THAIVISA NEWS

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A 76-year-old Russian woman was found drowned at the Jomthien Beach near Pattaya, Chon Buri, Wednesday evening, police said. Pol Lt Col Chalermkiart Sirimark, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was alerted of the incident at 6 pm Wednesday. He was told that a foreign tourist drowned at the Jomthien Beach in front of Soi 1 Jomthien Beach in Moo 12 village in Tambon Nong Plua of Bang Lamung district. Chalermkiart rushed to the scene with rescuers from the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation. The officials found the body Nina Bahoma lying on the beach. A forensic doctor checked and did not find any trace of assault on her body. Her sandals, hat and lotion were found in a bag left on the beach. Her friend was crying near the body. An eyewitness, Chit Jaimun, 23, said while he was thronging the beach, he spotted a body floating with face down near the buoy floats to mark swimming zone. At the moment, he saw two tourists, who appeared like a father and a son, rushed to the sea to pull the body back to the beach. They found that the Russian tourist has already died.Police believe the woman might suffer an attack of her chronic aliment or might be hit by a cramp, causing her to drown. Her body will be sent to the Police Hospital’s Institute of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy. And police will inform the Russian Embassy to locate her relatives to claim the body for religious service, Chalermkiart said.
Ah, me thinks you're right. Thx for digging that up. I assumed it was recent, but didn't have anything to go on other than my spider senses.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Lived in Jomtien for a year. Way nicer than Pattaya.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic