How to make CEO a really friendly forum?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

How to make CEO a really friendly forum?

Post by Samouth »

I have been on CEO quite awhile and really enjoy being apart of it. Apart from improving my English, i have learned about what i was clueless before. I have never felt of being discriminated or attacked as a local, but received a lot of appreciation from my takes and contributions. I am thinking what can i ( as well as you all) do more as a member to help make it a really friendly forum for everyone? I will talk to my friends to join and you guys will have more inputs from local beside just me and little salary.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: How to make CEO a really friendly forum?

Post by General Mackevili »

Samouth wrote:I will talk to my friends to join and you guys will have more inputs from local beside just me and little salary.
Hell yeah, that will be awesome!

You better prepare them for the harmless banter, LoL, because it's not easy getting used to everyone teasing everyone. It's all lighthearted, but I know most people are too easily offended at times.

In general I think most CEO members are welcoming and helpful. It's pretty rare we have to edit posts and stuff, and 99% of the time it's people from the old forum that forget we have a different way of doing things over here, LoL.

:good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:I will talk to my friends to join and you guys will have more inputs from local beside just me and little salary.

You better prepare them for the harmless banter, LoL, because it's not easy getting used to everyone teasing everyone. It's all lighthearted, but I know most people are too easily offended at times.

In general I think most CEO members are welcoming and helpful. It's pretty rare we have to edit posts and stuff, and 99% of the time it's people from the old forum that forget we have a different way of doing things over here, LoL.

Right, this is important. I will have to prepare them first. However, i think they will not have much problem with the language since most of us have TEFL degree. :)

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote:

I agree samouth, I would love to see a few more Cambodians posting here. Do you have any friends called Jessie ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Duncan wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:

I agree samouth, I would love to see a few more Cambodians posting here. Do you have any friends called Jessie ?
i don''t think so. Most of my female Cambodian friends have khmer name.

AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

I would also love to see more Cambodian posters as well. I think there's a large gap between Westerners and Cambodians when it comes to actual discussions, so it would be very nice and refreshing to see a place where both can "meet" and chat.
-insert signature here
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I support your idea, Samouth! I enjoy being in CEO . I like to read debating because people give reasons when they dont agree with any idea. And many things lern from here, technogy and my country too. I have few foreigners friends but I didn't know what did expats think about us, but here gives me the clue. Btw i think many female members here but I know only 3 include me who post here. You guys have louder voice than women.sometimes I feel strange and wonder why not many women comment or post here? Am I a boy? :please: :please:
Last edited by prahkeitouj on Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

good
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Perhaps CEO should have a '' Personals '' column . I'm sure hundreds , if not thousands of Cambodian girls will join just to find a rich barang who will marry them and rush them to a overseas country and live happily ever after.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Duncan wrote:Perhaps CEO should have a '' Personals '' column . I'm sure hundreds , if not thousands of Cambodian girls will join just to find a rich barang who will marry them and rush them to a overseas country and live happily ever after.
i guess you didn't meet your wife in a forum, otherwise you wouldn't live in Cambodia. You might have brought her to your home country and perhaps are living happily over there. :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic