How to make CEO a really friendly forum?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: How to make CEO a really friendly forum?

Post by phuketrichard »

DDDDDDDDDDD dddddddddd DDDDDDDDDD
thanks!!!! :beer3: :beer3: :hattip:

RD
trying to earn brownie points!! :stir:

can we not post posts from the other forum here? What did u hope to gain by posting this?

very childish
if i wanted it posted here, i would have
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think the question is WHY you didn't want it posted, Richard.

Anyway, no harm done, right? Pretty sure lots of posters here read both forums, not like he revealed your address or anything.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
BTW isn't it Cambodian EXPATS online ( or is that Overseas?) LOL
Ha! :evil:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Thanks RD for this convincing reply. You didn't only help me to understand more about forum world, but you also did inspired me to stick around here. Let forget what Richard wrote about two of us on another forum. It actually doesn't really bother me at all. @ Richard, you can actually write whatever about me over there or create a thread about me.
but western forums do tend to have a lot of conflict. It is part of western style to challenge each other. The idea (often wrongly) that people are anonymous sometimes causes even worse behavior
I am actually quite familiar with after i joined here a few weeks. At first, i was a bit shocked how you guy interact with each other. i was paranoia to give my take on some threads, as i was really new to forum. I had no previous experience about forum before i joined. However, i couldn't thank enough to some of my favorites posters who always pm-ed me to explain how forum work and as well as correcting my English. I do appreciate it.

I do think that if you expect everything and everyone to be "friendly" all the time, or if you expect special treatment just because you are a local, you will be disappointed.
That said -- don't expect everyone to meet your expectations here. As a westerner dominated forum people will probably expect you to be the ones to adjust more
To be honest, i have never expected everyone to be friendly and nice to me also never ever expected them to meet my expectation, just because i am local. Anyway, i don't have much expectations at all beside learning from and sharing with one another.

In addition, i also have never received any special treatments from GM and OD. Oh wait, i had been to meet up party and got a class of beer and one can of coke for free. Is it a special treatment, but everyone there also got boozes for free.

I believe that they are trying to run this forum as fair as they possibly can and no doubt everyone are being treated fairly and equally.

Cheer :beer3:

Samouth
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

vladimir wrote:Samouth, do you know any Khmer puns? With translations, please.
sorry i am actually clueless.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Samouth wrote:Thanks RD for this convincing reply. You didn't only help me to understand more about forum world, but you also did inspired me to stick around here. Let forget what Richard wrote about two of us on another forum. It actually doesn't really bother me at all. @ Richard, you can actually write whatever about me over there or create a thread about me.
but western forums do tend to have a lot of conflict. It is part of western style to challenge each other. The idea (often wrongly) that people are anonymous sometimes causes even worse behavior
I am actually quite familiar with after i joined here a few weeks. At first, i was a bit shocked how you guy interact with each other. i was paranoia to give my take on some threads, as i was really new to forum. I had no previous experience about forum before i joined. However, i couldn't thank enough to some of my favorites posters who always pm-ed me to explain how forum work and as well as correcting my English. I do appreciate it.

I do think that if you expect everything and everyone to be "friendly" all the time, or if you expect special treatment just because you are a local, you will be disappointed.
That said -- don't expect everyone to meet your expectations here. As a westerner dominated forum people will probably expect you to be the ones to adjust more
To be honest, i have never expected everyone to be friendly and nice to me also never ever expected them to meet my expectation, just because i am local. Anyway, i don't have much expectations at all beside learning from and sharing with one another.

In addition, i also have never received any special treatments from GM and OD. Oh wait, i had been to meet up party and got a class of beer and one can of coke for free. Is it a special treatment, but everyone there also got boozes for free.

I believe that they are trying to run this forum as fair as they possibly can and no doubt everyone are being treated fairly and equally.

Cheer :beer3:

Samouth
Great attitude!

In my experience Forums are like long journeys by boat. Sometimes the sea is so rough you can feel sea sick. Other times things are very calm. Some people like calm because it is peaceful; others find it boring and find rough seas more exciting. It is all part of the experience. There is no destination, just try to enjoy the ride and learn from it.

If you see fighting sometimes, just avoid it unless you have a very strong opinion on the matter. Sometimes the fighting is just joking and sometimes it gets serious.

It is good you got to meet some people from here in real life, because in real life people tend to be a lot more polite about each other. On internet forums some people get really brave and say things they would never have the courage to say in real life.

As for me, I am probably the most calm, mellow person you could ever meet in real life. I just don't like bullies, and gangs and people who make things up for their own agenda. I have a sense of injustice and tend to be sympathetic to people in need of help. That is why I fight with LTO and his friends so much because I think they tried to bully JSP just for trying to help someone that LTO thinks should be left to die on the streets. No further comment as this is not the thread for it -- I just want to share with you why you might be seeing some fighting now.

For personal advice, keep contributing here. I am glad you are going to stick around. Just be careful about sharing too much personal information about yourself here, because sometimes if someone decides they do not like you they might want to use that information against you.

:beer2:

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Thanks for sharing the good story and advise .
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:this is this is the main problem when non speakers post,
they don't understand Sarcasm or jokes
:facepalm:
Maybe we need an Introduction to Western Humour for Cambodians thread ? Explaining irony and sarcasm and second degree and how not to forget that this is just a forum, and why getting criticized doesn't make you lose face here, so don't act all butt hurt.
Wait, that not just for Cambodians, since there are also one or two westerners who don't seem to grasp this stuff either.
Who's on first base?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

For personal advice, keep contributing here. I am glad you are going to stick around. Just be careful about sharing too much personal information about yourself here, because sometimes if someone decides they do not like you they might want to use that information against you.
For sure i will continue to contribute on this forum. Right, it is important not to share too much personal information. i am glad that i didn't talk to many people at the meet up party. So my level of anonymity is still high. :lol:

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

StroppyChops wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:this is this is the main problem when non speakers post,
they don't understand Sarcasm or jokes
Maybe we need an Introduction to Western Humour for Cambodians thread ? Explaining irony and sarcasm and second degree and how not to forget that this is just a forum, and why getting criticized doesn't make you lose face here, so don't act all butt hurt.
Wait, that not just for Cambodians, since there are also one or two westerners who don't seem to grasp this stuff either.
Who's on first base?
You know who you are, don't be shy :hattip:
:dm: (Are you feeling hard-done by and unloved? Does everyone misunderstand you? Do you think that they are all out to get you? Are they making allusions about your mental state ? )
Try Harpoon gin ! It improves your conversation skills, gives you confidence and sex appeal - also gives you great breath ! :thumb:
Guaranteed results or your money back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic