Bank Statements on paper needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Bank Statements on paper needed

Post by Doc67 »

I need to prove my address with two separate documents for an application for something. They need to be "original".

I have a coffee stained Sangkat registration form but this will require translation. I also have two bank accounts with my current address and so two old fashioned statements, printed on paper with the bank name etc on it should do the trick. I am with ABA and Prassac. I used to be able to make a statement with the app but cannot find it now.

Does anyone know if these can be done online via the app, and print whatever I can download. I would prefer them printed on nice thick bank paper, ideally with a nice coloured rubber stamp. Or will they look at me like I am mad?

As always, many thanks in advance...
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bank Statements on paper needed

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:32 pm I need to prove my address with two separate documents for an application for something. They need to be "original".

I have a coffee stained Sangkat registration form but this will require translation. I also have two bank accounts with my current address and so two old fashioned statements, printed on paper with the bank name etc on it should do the trick. I am with ABA and Prassac. I used to be able to make a statement with the app but cannot find it now.

Does anyone know if these can be done online via the app, and print whatever I can download. I would prefer them printed on nice thick bank paper, ideally with a nice coloured rubber stamp. Or will they look at me like I am mad?

If you have the patience to go to the branch, no brainer. Stamps are to tellers, like whistles are to security guards - they love any opportunity to use them and will more than happily help. (ABA for sure as I had to do that recently).
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:39 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:32 pm I need to prove my address with two separate documents for an application for something. They need to be "original".

If you have the patience to go to the branch, no brainer. Stamps are to tellers, like whistles are to security guards - they love any opportunity to use them and will more than happily help. (ABA for sure as I had to do that recently).
I am happy to do a branch visit, just explaining why I need a paper statement instead of looking at my phone is going to be the tricky bit.

A fun job for tomorrow...
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

ABA will give you a bank statement and deduct $2 from your account. I did that just a few days ago.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ABA will do that for $2. Did this myself at their Central Market branch recently. Nb your ABA atm card does not show your account number so it’s no use showing it.
FYI, you can alter your address on the app.

Sangkat documents can be translated and stamped for about $10 per page.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:04 pm ABA will do that for $2. Did this myself at their Central Market branch recently. Nb your ABA atm card does not show your account number so it’s no use showing it.

The validity is three months only though.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The app will allow you to generate a statement. Open your account, click down on the tiny arrow, mid screen, just above the latest transactions.
Swipe down for options.

The statement does carry the disclaimer at the bottom of the page about not being used as official proof, unless certified by the bank.
dvdpnh
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by dvdpnh »

I'm guessing this is about crypto. Because I had to do it for Binance. Or for the passport renewal. Either of them requires address verification.

You can print out the statements on your ABA app. It will be a PDF. You can also update the address before printing it out if you need anything corrected. A really silly concept as the bank never really checks which makes it an effective tool for verifying other accounts requiring address verification.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:24 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:04 pm ABA will do that for $2. Did this myself at their Central Market branch recently. Nb your ABA atm card does not show your account number so it’s no use showing it.

Is that time limit so people can be hustled for more money to speed up processes here in Cambodia?

A translation is either accurate or not, it shouldn't expire ever.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Is that time limit so people can be hustled for more money to speed up processes here in Cambodia?

A translation is either accurate or not, it shouldn't expire ever.
No, the original stained Sangkat document is valid for three months. Sometimes they forget to note it though. If they did, the validity will show up in the translation as well. So better check before spending on the translation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic