Chinese Ketamine Gang Arrested Nationwide in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Ketamine Gang Arrested Nationwide in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On July 12, 2022, 11 Chinese nationals were transferred to the First Instant Court of Phnom Penh for manufacturing tons of illegal substances in 4 different locations; Phnom Penh, Svay Rieng, Prey Veng, and Kandal province. From July 4 to 9, 2022, the authorities started raiding the locations mentioned above after 3 months of investigation.
12 locations were spotted; 7 in Phnom Penh, 2 in Svay Rieng, 1 in Prey Veng, and 2 in Kandal province. Among the 12 locations, 1 was the manufacturing hub and 6 were warehouses. The locations of them were:
- Prey Ngieng village, Sangkat Pleung Chhes Rotes, Khan Kombol, Phnom Penh (Warehouse)
- Monorom village, Bekchan commune, Angsnoul district, Kandal province (Warehouse)
- Thmol village, Sangkat Chek, Svay Rieng city, Svay Rieng province (warehouse of Ketamine)
- Chong Prek village, Sangkat Svay Rieng, Svay Rieng province (Manufacturing hub of Ketamine)
- Steung Sloat village, Neak Leung commune, Peam Ro district, Prey Veng province (warehouse)
- Kombol village/Sangkat, Phnom Penh (warehouse)
- containers port of Phnom Penh, Kandal Leu village, Banteay Dek commune, Kein Svay district, Kandal province (containers of chemical)
The suspects were:
WU YI LIN, a 24-year-old male Taiwanese
JI ZHONG JUN, a 41-year-old male Chinese
WANG CHUAN QIAO, a 38-year-old male Chinese
LI BIN YANG, a 42-year-old male Chinese
CAI FENG FENG, a 35-year-old male Chinese
WANG PING, a 61-year-old male Chinese
WANG XUN HUI, a 45-year-old male Chinese
CAI LIANG, a 49-year-old male Chinese
XU JIAN, a 47-year-old male Chinese
LUO GUANG HUI, a 39-year-old male Chinese
LI WEN SHUO, a 42-year-old male Chinese
The police seized 1.83 tons of Ketamine solution, 276.749 tons of chemicals, 218.62g of Ketamine, tools for manufacturing drugs, 8 vehicles, 3 motorcycles, 19 phones, 2 condos, 4 warehouses, 1 manufacturing hub, and 1 villa. The suspects were held in custody for further investigation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chinese Ketamine Gang Arrested Nationwide in Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

By "seized," I'll take that to mean "took possession of" 4 or 5 warehouses, 11 vehicles, two condos and a villa.

"I'll just take everything on the menu, thanks"

"I'll have what he's having."

"I'll just take the restaurant."

"And I'll have the rest of the street."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:18 pm By "seized," I'll take that to mean "took possession of" 4 or 5 warehouses, two condos and a villa.
Have you ever heard of renting a warehouse / condo / villa ?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:32 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:18 pm By "seized," I'll take that to mean "took possession of" 4 or 5 warehouses, two condos and a villa.
Yes. Why?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

They didn't just take temporary position of the drug manufacturing things on the list, the vehicles, the motorbikes (I guess there's a difference), and the phones, with the intention of giving them back to the owners at a later stage. And the housing is on the same list.

Not sure about French, but that grammatically groups them together.

"Seized" is pretty ambiguous, from took position of, to grabbed, to stopped working, to understood.

Considering the other items on the list, I seized it to meaning the former.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:38 pm
Yes. Why?
You sure the owners are the people involved in this article ?
You assume the police transfered the ownership (hard title, land & building) to themselves, therefore stealing it from the legal owner ?

For the various perp stuff & grabable goodies, yeah why not, fair enough to me...
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:42 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:38 pm
Yes. Why?
You sure the owners are the people involved in this article ?
You assume the police transfered the ownership (hard title, land & building) to themselves, therefore stealing it from the legal owner ?

For the various perp stuff & grabable goodies, yeah why not, fair enough to me...
I didn't think they would take it off the owners if the owners weren't those arrested. But anything those arrested have in their name, or possess, can be taken. And kept when convicted.

Thinking about it, some responsibility may be on the warehouse owner to know what is going on at their premises. Pretty tough to defend any case in The "K."

It stated they seized the properties, and not all the warehouses were seized yet the ones that weren't seized still contained evidence.

The discussion's probably hit a wall. It was just quite the haul, and I can't recall condos and villas being seized in previous raids, although it's very common in the West, particularly with some countries' recent changes in the laws, so they can take positions that the criminals have put in other people's names.

They're driving their lamborghinis to the unemployment office.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Rest of thier lives in some stinking hot cell , there must be a less risky way to make a quid
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

atst wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:30 pm Rest of thier lives in some stinking hot cell , there must be a less risky way to make a quid
I know, that's why I think they must be making millions, or the just not that smart to not think of the consequences.

Would you walk through a minefield for a milion bucks?
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

Maybe something needs to be done about the demand? Hello trustfund westerner I'm talking to you--
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic