Cannot help some people

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Cannot help some people

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I'm only to happy that I might be of some small service in your efforts to reeducate the internet population at large.

quote=Tootsfriend post_id=553266 time=1657418631 user_id=20235]
... a quick perusal in this post; in many many posts on CEO; and in my observation, throughout the internet as a whole, to much bandwidth is taken by off handed, ill thought our quips that add nothing to the conversation .....

I like your quotation very much Captain. I hope you dont mind me using it in the future as it describes exactly how I feel on many of the topics posted on here.
Thank-you
[/quote]
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

If they are arguing with you about the existence, then take them to it and maybe the can explain to you what it is or isn't.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:19 am I'm only to happy that I might be of some small service in your efforts to reeducate the internet population at large.

... a quick perusal in this post; in many many posts on CEO; and in my observation, throughout the internet as a whole, to much bandwidth is taken by off handed, ill thought our quips that add nothing to the conversation .....

I like your quotation very much Captain. I hope you dont mind me using it in the future as it describes exactly how I feel on many of the topics posted on here.
Thank-you
[/quote]
Its just a conversation fellas, thats all. Not every post has to be justified seriously and logically. Its like if I am in a bar and a mate says "bit dry this wet season, eh?" I don't turn around and accuse him of wasting my valuable time with an inane comment - its only a comment, I can reply in a civilised way or I can shrug and ignore it. I suggest you two think about that.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Henceforth I will endeavor to conduct my manner of conversation in a way that is more in line with YOUR opinion ... I’m sorry MY opinion caused you distress and forced you to take time away from your busy schedule. :bow:

Pretty silly huh .... almost as silly as you writing a post telling me I should just shrug my shoulders and ignore certain posts instead of you shrugging your shoulders and ignoring my post :facepalm: ..... But thank you for proving my theory that some folks are so enamored of seeing their words written down somewhere .... they completely miss the irony or hypocrisy of their statements. :-)

hdgh29 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:26 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:19 am I'm only to happy that I might be of some small service in your efforts to reeducate the internet population at large.

Thank-you
Its just a conversation fellas, thats all. Not every post has to be justified seriously and logically. Its like if I am in a bar and a mate says "bit dry this wet season, eh?" I don't turn around and accuse him of wasting my valuable time with an inane comment - its only a comment, I can reply in a civilised way or I can shrug and ignore it. I suggest you two think about that.
[/quote]
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:20 pm Henceforth I will endeavor to conduct my manner of conversation in a way that is more in line with YOUR opinion ... I’m sorry MY opinion caused you distress and forced you to take time away from your busy schedule. :bow:

Pretty silly huh .... almost as silly as you writing a post telling me I should just shrug my shoulders and ignore certain posts instead of you shrugging your shoulders and ignoring my post :facepalm: ..... But thank you for proving my theory that some folks are so enamored of seeing their words written down somewhere .... they completely miss the irony or hypocrisy of their statements. :-)

Thank-you
[/quote]
As a failed ironic hypocrite I resent your implications. I would challenge you to a game of Idiot Wars but I fear you would have a natural advantage.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Good one !! This I can appreciate ... so much better than that nose in the air condescending preachy stuff .... Now I’d love to engage in a battle of wits with you , but I’ve a hard fast rule to never fight unarmed opponents .... ;-)

hdgh29 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:38 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:20 pm Henceforth I will endeavor to conduct my manner of conversation in a way that is more in line with YOUR opinion ... I’m sorry MY opinion caused you distress and forced you to take time away from your busy schedule. :bow:

Thank-you
As a failed ironic hypocrite I resent your implications. I would challenge you to a game of Idiot Wars but I fear you would have a natural advantage.
[/quote]
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:52 pm Good one !! This I can appreciate ... so much better than that nose in the air condescending preachy stuff .... Now I’d love to engage in a battle of wits with you , but I’ve a hard fast rule to never fight unarmed opponents .... ;-)

Touche. BTW being condescending is one of my finer qualities, I would explain it to you further but I don't believe you would understand.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Love it, love it !! ...... Could you be the my twin separated at birth I’d heard whispers about as a youth ..... you remind me of Danny Devito so much ;-)

quote=hdgh29 post_id=553305 time=1657439984 user_id=14929]
CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:52 pm Good one !! This I can appreciate ... so much better than that nose in the air condescending preachy stuff .... Now I’d love to engage in a battle of wits with you , but I’ve a hard fast rule to never fight unarmed opponents .... ;-)

Touche. BTW being condescending is one of my finer qualities, I would explain it to you further but I don't believe you would understand.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

every teacher that went to N.T
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:40 am Love it, love it !! ...... Could you be the my twin separated at birth I’d heard whispers about as a youth ..... you remind me of Danny Devito so much ;-)

quote=hdgh29 post_id=553305 time=1657439984 user_id=14929]

yes me and Danny could be twins, like with Arnie in the movie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic