ARGH FACEBOOK!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

ARGH FACEBOOK!

Post by rozzieoz »

So frustrated I could smash something.

I've been restricted from posting in Facebook groups for 22 days!

My advertising strategy has always been to post one advert in a group and bump that post daily or weekly, depending on the group rules. I even pay to advertise in some groups and have never broken out of this strategy. I've been doing the same thing for YEARS, with a list of about 25 - 30 relevant groups.

Now all of a sudden I am breaching community standards on spam and have been restricted. I don't understand why now, all of a sudden things are different.
And there's nothing I can do about it.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: ARGH FACEBOOK!

Post by Username Taken »

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

If only Facebook allowed businesses to pay them to put their adverts on the platform.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:35 am So frustrated I could smash something.

My advertising strategy has always been to post one advert in a group and bump that post daily or weekly, depending on the group rules. I even pay to advertise in some groups and have never broken out of this strategy. I've been doing the same thing for YEARS, with a list of about 25 - 30 relevant groups.

Now all of a sudden I am breaching community standards on spam and have been restricted. I don't understand why now, all of a sudden things are different.
Are you using a private account?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:24 am If only Facebook allowed businesses to pay them to put their adverts on the platform.
Maybe it could be tagged with an identifier. I dunno, maybe … paid advertisements
Or how about
Sponsored?
That might work
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:35 am So frustrated I could smash something.

An alternative perspective is you benefited from being able to do it that way for all those years. Now Meta is tightening up and ensuring those trying to use its platforms for business purposes do so like anyone else, and pay for sponsored content.

Not that I’m a fan of Meta’s direction, but it is what it is.
Unfortunately
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

The answer is probably right here.

https://www.investors.com/news/technolo ... uckerberg/#
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Yep. Facebook. Making up their own rules, and self regulating.

It’s happened to me 3 times, and with absolutely no response from the fuckers as to why, except their community standards bullshit. In two cases, I found out later, that it was someone spamming a group having seemingly hijacked my own profile.

Very shitty behaviour by an outfit that co-opted the word friend to mean anything but, and then suck people in to exposing too much of their lives in the pursuit of mediocrity.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah for over a year now any adverts, wanted posts and many group posts that I make on wankbook get flagged for spam and deleted and my account gets restricted without leave for appeal for a month

It's a broken platform; looks to be going the way of yahoo groups
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:24 am If only Facebook allowed businesses to pay them to put their adverts on the platform.
I do that as well - and pay groups to advertise.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic