ARGH FACEBOOK!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: ARGH FACEBOOK!

Post by rozzieoz »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:06 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:35 am So frustrated I could smash something.

I've been restricted from posting in Facebook groups for 22 days!

My advertising strategy has always been to post one advert in a group and bump that post daily or weekly, depending on the group rules. I even pay to advertise in some groups and have never broken out of this strategy. I've been doing the same thing for YEARS, with a list of about 25 - 30 relevant groups.

Now all of a sudden I am breaching community standards on spam and have been restricted. I don't understand why now, all of a sudden things are different.
And there's nothing I can do about it.
Are you using a private account?
Yes because not all the groups allow you to join as a page. My strategy now is to only advertise on groups that allow me to join as the page.
So I have to remove my personal self from all the groups and try to join again as my page.

I guess one good thing is it will cut out a lot of unnecessary notifications.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

At my old company we started using Facebook for ads but always ran into troubles. I never had a personal account myself so I thought I was just bad at "Gen Z stuff", so we ended up hiring an ads manager, then two, then four...and none of them could keep our page afloat without being hit with some kind of restriction or censorship or whatever.

Finally we just abandoned the platform altogether mid last year, and while revenue dropped slightly, so did our frustration levels and headaches. Totally worth it.

I'll never touch Facebook again.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:24 am If only Facebook allowed businesses to pay them to put their adverts on the platform.
Called sponsored adds, which i am seeing more of in the last few days
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:18 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:24 am If only Facebook allowed businesses to pay them to put their adverts on the platform.
I do that as well - and pay groups to advertise.
Demand restoration for loss of business, loss of income, loss of interest £%, not apathy, and give that peeping Tom zuckerpunch a kick in the nuts.

Take photos.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

.... Facebook has deteriorated quite a lot BECAUSE of too much advertising... It used to be all about people posting about their lives... Now, all I see is advertising. Pretty dull and annoying trend... So, now you have to pay more to advertise, or get banned? Corrupt shabby capitalism ruins all good things... eventually...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
dvdpnh
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by dvdpnh »

I was banned last month and I didn't take no for an answer.

Write them an email. The kind where you gaslight and berate them for shamelessly targeting you.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

At least, it's a bit further from the minitel, and leaves the user the choice to use the free service or not.

Personally, I would never use it for free advertising and would instead take advantage of their extended reach with paid advertising. The trick is to narrow down your target area and spend as little as possible in the beginning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Daily bumps? Sounds like the same strategy a certain restaurant was using to annoy people in this forum.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

so you were paying money to people who had a group that costs them no money to run just so you could post in that group and facebook got upset by that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic