Shipment from Thailand to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
yesur
Tourist
United States of America

Shipment from Thailand to Cambodia

Post by yesur »

Does anyone know how to transport my personal luggage from Thailand to PP?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Shipment from Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I have undertaken a small number of purchases in Thailand and with subsequent cross-border transport delivery to various destinations within Cambodia.

It works this way. There is a Mr CHEA Thy who operates a trans-shipment service out of Aranyaprathet in to Cambodia. He has a warehouse facility of some sort in Aranyaprathet to which goods are sent from within Thailand using any carrier in Thailand that services Aranyaprathet.

However, you or a Thai or Cambodian speaker need to contact Mr CHEA Thy prior to doing anything. Mr CHEA only speaks Khmer and Thai. His contact numbers are - Thailand 089-251 8878 or Cambodia 012 912 486.

On request, he gives a receipt for good delivered in to his care which is proof of delivery by the Thai transport company. Based on weight and volume of goods to be delivered to your nominated destination he then contracts an appropriate Cambodian means of conveyance to you.

He appears to be very experienced at getting things across the border and in to Cambodia for their onwards delivery.

I will certainly use him again if and when a need arises.

Alternatively, you could contract any Cambodian or Thai freight forwarders to arrange all this for you.

I hope that this is of some assistance.

OML
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Kerry were very good . That was before covid.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I think we have used Virak Buntham in the past. Shipping/delivery is a major part of their business so it should be no problem.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kerry will ship from Thailand and so will the thai post office
Thing is its very expensive considering the short distance
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:05 pm I think we have used Virak Buntham in the past. Shipping/delivery is a major part of their business so it should be no problem.
Seems VB have shipping methods through Koh Kong that generally save all the Customs hassle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic