About The Mass Shootings in US

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: About The Mass Shootings in US

Post by Freightdog »

JBTrain wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm
Big Daikon wrote:

Some more points in response:
1. I'd add gangster rap culture. Dudes bragging about killing people.
2. In the After Floyd Era (AFE), some segments of the population have been given the greenlight to commit crime.
Uh got a list of gangster rappers/BLM activists who have been mass shooters? Missed that.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
He didn’t quite say that.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

nemo wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:32 pm Guns too easy to buy.
They need an Australian style regime
Remember Port Arthur. Even today gangs shooting each other in the streets. Australian style?
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I don’t think individuals with true mental issues take the time to lay out a plan to commit mass shootings. I think there’s a better chance of you getting hit upside the head with a frying pan by someone who has mental issues.

I believe their motivation for doing this is nothing more than fear and hate.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

^respect your opinion but still disagree that mentally unstable people can’t or won’t plan.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:53 pm
mossie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm
Norden European countries are also experiencing these sad cases. I haven't been in my home country for a while, so I don't know what the current "vibe" is in there.
I learned later, that the day I departed there was this horrible incident happened https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jokela_school_shooting

And there are been worse incidents in those part of a world after that, so by no means this is only the US phenomenon.
One case 15 years ago in Finland and another 33 years ago, meanwhile 220 people were shot dead over the July 4th weekend in the US, so hardly comparable.
On average there have been around 25,000 knife crimes in the UK every year for the past few years. Most involved one or two people. How many more would have been involved if guns were as easy to get as knives in the UK? Don't know, hope never to find out.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

hdgh29 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:24 pm
nemo wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:32 pm Guns too easy to buy.
They need an Australian style regime
Remember Port Arthur. Even today gangs shooting each other in the streets. Australian style?
In 2011, Harvard's David Hemenway and Mary Vriniotis reviewed the research on Australia's suicide and homicide rate after the NFA. Their conclusion was clear: "The NFA seems to have been incredibly successful in terms of lives saved."

What they found is a decline in both suicide and homicide rates after the NFA. The average firearm suicide rate in Australia in the seven years after the bill declined by 57 percent compared with the seven years prior. The average firearm homicide rate went down by about 42 percent.

Australia's homicide rate was already declining before the NFA was implemented, so you can't attribute all of the drops to the new laws. But there's some reason to believe the NFA, especially the buyback provisions, contributed to those declines.

"First," Hemenway and Vriniotis write, "the drop in firearm deaths was largest among the type of firearms most affected by the buyback. Second, firearm deaths in states with higher buyback rates per capita fell proportionately more than in states with lower buyback rates."

There is also this: 1996 and 1997, the two years in which the NFA was implemented, saw the largest percentage declines in the homicide rate in any two-year period in Australia between 1915 and 2004.

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Freightdog wrote:
JBTrain wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm
Big Daikon wrote:

Some more points in response:
1. I'd add gangster rap culture. Dudes bragging about killing people.
2. In the After Floyd Era (AFE), some segments of the population have been given the greenlight to commit crime.
Uh got a list of gangster rappers/BLM activists who have been mass shooters? Missed that.

He didn’t quite say that.
The topic is mass shootings. What is the connection between BLM (#2 above) and mass shootings, the vast majority being perpetrated by mostly young alienated white people. It's a rhetorical question. There is no connection except to the extent certain white kids with issues are threatened by non white people with power.

Using Tapatalk
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

JBTrain wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:00 pmmass shootings, the vast majority being perpetrated by mostly young alienated white people.
Not true, but the data are "racist". Or, you will call me racist for citing the data.
There is no connection except to the extent certain white kids with issues are threatened by non white people with power.
Ah, there we go.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

What you need to know about Highland Park, the very Jewish Chicago suburb rattled by July 4 shooting
https://www.jta.org/2022/07/05/united-s ... 4-shooting

Robert E. Crimo III, whom police apprehended Monday evening and have described as both a “suspect” and “person of interest” in the shooting, showed up at Central Avenue Synagogue on the last day of Passover this year.

He stood out from the typical Chabad visitor.

Crimo was wearing all black clothes “in the goth style,” according to Blumenthal, including black gloves.

He was also wearing a knapsack, which Blumenthal, after going over to introduce himself, squeezed to check for weapons. He didn’t feel any.

“He said his name was Bobby and he lived in the neighborhood,” Blumenthal said, adding, “I watched him the whole time.”
https://forward.com/news/508979/highlan ... mo-july-4/
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:18 pm
JBTrain wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:00 pmmass shootings, the vast majority being perpetrated by mostly young alienated white people.
Not true, but the data are "racist". Or, you will call me racist for citing the data.
There is no connection except to the extent certain white kids with issues are threatened by non white people with power.
Ah, there we go.
The Uvalde guy was a mex, this little fuck is white.
I recall several other threads with a white shooter, yet you uniformly try to derail each thread to blaming it on blacks.
Seems like you are a bit disordered.

Any fool can see the difference between gangsters shooting each other and these terror incidents.
The gangsters have clear motive with specific targets, the terrs only have crazy racist or political overtones as motive and random victims often with no link to the perp's rage..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic