Cannot log into FPCS webpage

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cannot log into FPCS webpage

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am The app was updated several months ago which fixed the constant log in issues. If you're having issues with the desktop version then try a different browser or try on a mobile device.

Failing that, go to the DoI and they can fix it for you, or you can register a new account with a new SIM card, but this shouldn't be necessary.

Also note that foreigners, unless they own the property, are not supposed to register an account, it is the property owners responsibility to register an account and check foreign tenants/guests in and out.
Nope, the app still sucks, or at least the link with the database still sucks.

I tried to log in, got the message the phone number (landlord) used to log in was wrong / not in use.
Then I tried to make a new account using the same phone number, only to get the message the number is in use and can not be used (again).
Then made a new account using my own number and it worked. Visiting the DoI for this kind of stuff to be fixed is a lot to ask for when a new account can be made in minutes while a visit to the DoI will take a few hours.

The interface of the app is different now, so different the agent I used for my visa extension had no clue which screen they needed and they didn't even bother about a print from the app. This was 8 days ago.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

My app (account registered under my wife) has been working great with no issues for the last 6-7 months, and most reports on the Visa group claiming the same, whereas previously the app was absolutely fkn useless and everyone had problems logging back in.

Just logged in now from overseas, which I couldn't do previously, and interface same as used to be, go to Edit Check-in details and that is where you get the screenshot from.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The new (?) look:

And then...

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:16 am My app (account registered under my wife) has been working great with no issues for the last 6-7 months, and most reports on the Visa group claiming the same, whereas previously the app was absolutely fkn useless and everyone had problems logging back in.

Just logged in now from overseas, which I couldn't do previously, and interface same as used to be, go to Edit Check-in details and that is where you get the screenshot from.
My app worked fine for nearly two years, until I changed phone, reinstalled and tried to use it 8 days ago. First from Thailand, where I was at the time, a day later in Phnom Penh. Same result . The system told me the account didn't exist. The system still has flaws, it's that simple.
Last edited by Kammekor on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:45 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:28 am Hello,

I used to use the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System page to log in to the app and maintain my self as registered. Now I would like to use that information or show that information. For some reason when I try to log in with the previous phone number and password it says that either the phone number or password is wrong.

Have they taken the website offline? Or have they updated it? Or deleted older data?

Let me know if you have any idea.
Had the same last week. Their system is highly unreliable and sucks. Make a new account using a different SIM card and stop wasting your time trying to log in.
One addition here, I don't depend on a landlord so shortcuts are easy for me. We maintain this FPCS stuff in-house.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:46 am The system still has flaws, it's that simple.
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't have flaws, but based on mine and many others experiences it seems to have improved immensely.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:02 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:46 am The system still has flaws, it's that simple.
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't have flaws, but based on mine and many others experiences it seems to have improved immensely.
Things can be improved in time, what mainly seems to happen in the technology of Cambodia. Don't get me wrong I understand there are people who need to access the app, but there are many who don't.
I remember when the app was first introduced, it caused a little panic to some at the time. I contacted my landlord over this new app, his first impression was it was a scam, he said he would look into it. He came to the apartment a few days later, did what was expected of him. He said that is the first and last time I will ever touch that app! It doesn't work properly and it probably never will, he also said "please listen to me" I am Cambodian.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am The app was updated several months ago which fixed the constant log in issues. If you're having issues with the desktop version then try a different browser or try on a mobile device.

Failing that, go to the DoI and they can fix it for you, or you can register a new account with a new SIM card, but this shouldn't be necessary.

Also note that foreigners, unless they own the property, are not supposed to register an account, it is the property owners responsibility to register an account and check foreign tenants/guests in and out.
I will try some of these solutions; I guess that using the app may work. It seems like the website has gone really barebones- i.e. there is only one page.

DoI is that the place across from the airport?

Actually a relative was registering me, but since there are not that technically competent I was managing the account info.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:02 am
I never had any problem using the website before. It's only now it acts like there is something wrong with our login.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

OK, now I was able to log in when I installed the app. But seemed to be only on a phone that previously had it installed already!

My feeling is that the webpage is becoming obsolete. Or maybe they changed the URL and I am no longer using the right web address?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic