Phnom Pehn Current Vibe

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Phnom Pehn Current Vibe

Post by GeeKay »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:54 pm I was thinking others didn't understand what you were looking for.

I didn't think you gave a shit about cheap beers; you said you were giving it a nudge, which I take to mean you are on holiday with no budget.

Mingling with expats can be done at home, only the are still pats. So, another type of mingling was sort.

Then you mentioned the Missus.

Not quite sure what you are after now, but if I was correct in my earlier assumption, I'm out, you're weak, and I feel sorry for your lady.

Otherwise, enjoy.
No need to feel sorry for anyone mate.

When I go to the zoo I just go to have a look not turn into a gorilla and jump into the cage with them.
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

violet wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:42 pm
GeeKay wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:11 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:44 am
GeeKay wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:36 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 am Haha, yeah. I was just about to comment the same. Inflation is a thing, and very few spots have .50 draft anymore. $1.5+ seems to be the norm, though one can still find 50 cent draft for happy hour in a few places, but the you'll be with all the undesirables. ;-) As the night progresses, probably ces tend to increase.
I'm on holidays so I can handle the $1 increase because I can only drink 30 beers a day.

Whoops I think you may have just put me on the "undesirables" crew. That's ok I'm back on 50c drafts with the team.
Just check the people on the 50c beers these days before making commitments....
Yeah no worries.

I actually don't mind a draft beer but very mindful when in Asia especially at a bar with no hot water dish washing machine.

Not a good look arriving back home to the missus in Sydney with a big cold sore ie. herpes virus on the lip.
Oh yeah, the streets are riddled with people with cold sores - all caught from an improperly washed beer glass.

I guess your wife/partner believed you though.
Ha, Covid19 that never left, Tuberculosis that in 2020 had a higher death rate then the following death rate of Covid19 in the coming 2 years. Malaria bourn disease's, HIV, hepatitis C and B, every STD's you could think of, even drug resistance ones. Monkey Pox? (Coming soon). Health services and resources stretched, medical facilities ether, just in it for the money, others with lack of any experience and any knowledge of care. HE stated of late, Cambodia need's 30,000 more doctors to make any impact on medical services.
Visitors only complain about the $0.50 beers going up to $0.75
But, it's only the same has any other capital cities of the world.

:please:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Let to the maths: if you can drink 30 beers at 0.50, thats 15US, just drink less, drink 20 at 0.75, makes the same, 15US. And its even healthier, after 20 beers you see the same amount of very stunning girls, then after 30 beers, no ??
Its the same with petrol-prices, everybody crying thats its gone up for 50% in half a year. No problem, just drive 50% less, whats the problem. We saw last year it on the roads, only real essential traffic was there !! How much beers we have to drink "essentially" ?? Mostly after 15 i see more then enough stunners !! Sjookaamooii !!
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:27 pm Let to the maths: if you can drink 30 beers at 0.50, thats 15US, just drink less, drink 20 at 0.75, makes the same, 15US. And its even healthier, after 20 beers you see the same amount of very stunning girls, then after 30 beers, no ??
Its the same with petrol-prices, everybody crying thats its gone up for 50% in half a year. No problem, just drive 50% less, whats the problem. We saw last year it on the roads, only real essential traffic was there !! How much beers we have to drink "essentially" ?? Mostly after 15 i see more then enough stunners !! Sjookaamooii !!
That's alright we all have different individual life rules.

One of my rules is never drink more than 1 but less than 15 beers in 24 hrs on any calendar day.

So it's all or nothing for me I'm not into part time shit.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

So it went from 30 beers a day to 15 beers a day. It’s obvious the OP is a confused individual.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

$10 says GeeKay is quoted in the "Dumb shit expats have said" thread before he even arrives.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

GeeKay wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:59 pm do any bars have San Miguel light? It is probably my favourite beer
Your signature "Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost" is a pretty good title for a local San Miguel Light advertisement the way i see it ^^ Imagine a full billboard with that catchphrase and a frozen SM, on the side of the way from the airport, when tuk-tuking around !

You'll probably witness the local way to handle too many beers & too many confidence, better sit and watch indeed
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

Kenr wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 pm So it went from 30 beers a day to 15 beers a day. It’s obvious the OP is a confused individual.
You're the confused individual with lack of comprehension skills.

Read it again you imbecile and ask a friend to comprehend it for you.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

GeeKay wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:22 am
Kenr wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 pm So it went from 30 beers a day to 15 beers a day. It’s obvious the OP is a confused individual.
You're the confused individual with lack of comprehension skills.

Read it again you imbecile and ask a friend to comprehend it for you.
No simpleton, I understood it, you’re statement was stupid, it made no sense, you contradict yourself without realizing it. You should have someone read it back to you.

And only a moron would be willing to pay $1.50 for the same $.50 cheap grog.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"Don't take any notice of him, officer, he's drunk."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic