Why do Cambodians prefer people with White Complexion?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Why do Cambodians prefer people with White Complexion?

Post by John Bingham »

What you know about Cambodia's history and culture could fit neatly on the back of a postage stamp. I haven't apologized for anything, so stop lying. Your constant moralyzing is getting more than a little bit tiresome, and it's becoming more and more obvious to everyone how little you have to offer this country or anyone else.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:
Captain Steve Rogers wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Captain Steve Rogers wrote: Cambodians after 40 years since the Khmer Rouge haven't been able to restore order.
The Khmer Rouge were actively warring with the government all through the 1990's and the last of them didn't surrender till January 1999. That's 16 years ago, not 40. Please try to get some basic comprehension of facts before you start bullshitting about "restoring order". It pains me to think that people like yourself are teaching in Cambodia. Jesus wept.

The Khmer Rouge were still active during the 90's but lost most of it's strength since it's defeat by the Vietnamese. You can say that they were still around but lacked an army. Restoring order has been difficult for Cambodia and it will always be without an open mind.
my friends parents were killed by khmer rouge in their village in battambang in the 90's, she now lives here in sihanoukville with her aunt

I would say ANYBODY you meet in Cambodia lost some family members to the KR.
MY gf lost her 2 grandfathers, 1 grandmother, 3 uncles, 2 Aunts an various Cousins.

Their not angry about it an most have moved on or dont wish to talk about it, yet many still fear it could happen again.
well yes of coarse, thats pretty obvious, the discussion was that they were still active in the 90's as thats when my friends parents were killed
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Captain Steve Rogers »

John Bingham wrote:What you know about Cambodia's history and culture could fit neatly on the back of a postage stamp. I haven't apologized for anything, so stop lying. Your constant moralyzing is getting more than a little bit tiresome, and it's becoming more and more obvious to everyone how little you have to offer this country or anyone else.

So you're saying there is nothing wrong in Cambodia that needs change? I've already explained what I do! it's not too hard to comprehend my point of view. I do apologize for making you seem like an apologist but your posts seem that way.
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:What you know about Cambodia's history and culture could fit neatly on the back of a postage stamp. I haven't apologized for anything, so stop lying. Your constant moralyzing is getting more than a little bit tiresome, and it's becoming more and more obvious to everyone how little you have to offer this country or anyone else.

So you're saying there is nothing wrong in Cambodia that needs change? I've already explained what I do! it's not too hard to comprehend my point of view. I do apologize for making you seem like an apologist but your posts seem that way.
child prostitution/trafficking would probs be high on my list of things that need to change, a lot to do with how the country is run (government/police) definitely needs to change, the average cambodian and the majority of the population are perfectly fine though, but every country has a corrupt and fucked up government, america and england included, i could run a long list of how corrupt their governments and police are, and if you cant see that then youre delusional
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I find it peculiar that taabarang's endless racist posts (backed up by a French text book of course) are ignored or politely responded to but this pair of racists are knocked...

Assumptions of cultural superiority are ugly end of story. Of course there are things wrong with Cambodia (there are in every country) but that does not mean that the Khmer people are somehow flawed because of that.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
United States of America

TheGrinchSR wrote:I find it peculiar that taabarang's endless racist posts (backed up by a French text book of course) are ignored or politely responded to but this pair of racists are knocked...

Assumptions of cultural superiority are ugly end of story. Of course there are things wrong with Cambodia (there are in every country) but that does not mean that the Khmer people are somehow flawed because of that.

Nobody is showing cultural superiority some of us simply show human traits that others are missing please read my posts in primitive mentality.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I find it peculiar that taabarang's endless racist posts (backed up by a French text book of course) are ignored or politely responded to but this pair of racists are knocked...

Nobody is showing cultural superiority some of us simply show human traits that others are missing please read my posts in primitive mentality.
what makes you think you are any more human than a "Cambodian"? i have a lot of friends that show a lot more human traits than you, that are more passionate about the care for their fellow man
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

[quote="TheGrinchSR"]I find it peculiar that taabarang's endless racist posts (backed up by a French text book of course) are ignored or politely responded to but this pair of racists are knocked...

There is nothing peculiar about it since my posts aren't racist nor am I. I never suggested my culture was in anyway superior to the Cambodian one. You know this of course since you never attack the issues i raise, but attack me without a shred of evidence. Intellectually speaking you are an unarmed man and scarcely work the effort of rebutting.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
United States of America

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

what makes you think you are any more human than a "Cambodian"? i have a lot of friends that show a lot more human traits than you, that are more passionate about the care for their fellow man

I'm assuming you haven't been reading my comments but please elaborate on how your Cambodian friends are much better than me? what traits do they show that differs from mine? *NOTE* you don't know me in real life so your assumptions are clueless.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

I'm assuming you haven't been reading my comments but please elaborate on how your Cambodian friends are much better than me? what traits do they show that differs from mine? *NOTE* you don't know me in real life so your assumptions are clueless.
yes and im assuming you dont have many real cambodian friends also because if you did im sure you would feel much differently about the cambodian people
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic