Hanoi & Cambodia Trip Planner / Soon to be Trip Report

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
chunwang0318
Tourist

Hanoi & Cambodia Trip Planner / Soon to be Trip Report

Post by chunwang0318 »

First time posting on this forum but been around mongering scene for awhile thanks to perks of living in San Diego that is a boarder away to TJ Zona. Little bit about myself, I am Asian American in my early 30s with decent disposable income. When I turned 30, I set a personal goal of visiting to new place once year as a reward for busting my ass at work. Prior years I went to Barcelona, Madrid, Thailand, Cancun / Playa del Carmen, Japan, and Hawaii. The following is roughly what I am planning to do for 2 weeks abroad in SEA this year with both daytime and after-dark activities.

How you can help - critic and provide feedback to maximize a fellow monger travel 'Sex'perience so I can payback to this community with some juice trip report. Please don’t ask me to adjust flight from Hanoi to HCM because that boat has sailed (flight and hotel booked). It would be tremendous HELP for your comment to tailor towards the activities because that I have 100% control over.

Hanoi – 4 days

Staying in Old Quarter as most tours seem to offer free pick up within this area. Planning on occupying most of my day sightseeing and enjoy delicious local Vietnamese cuisine that the city has to offer. Kicking off with Motorbike City Tour to get my footing around town. Followed by Tam Coc, Hoa Lu & Mua Caves, and Ha Long Bay on separate days.

After Dark:

1. Hanoi Grand hotel & Fortuna – I believe Boss KTV offers some action? What’s the damage / price to be expected if I take this route? Is it even worth it as a solo traveler?

2. Clubbing & Pub – Max3, Tom’s Bar, Le Theatre, and Hangover Bar. Pretty sure I am missing a bunch more. Give me your best recommendation.

3. Freelancer action near Tran Khanh Du??

4. Online – I have been using Badoo to meet potential prospects to schedule future appointments and planning on using WeChat when I am physically there.

Phnom Penh – 4 days

Staying at Sun & Moon hotel. I read from prior posts that this place is guest-friendly and is close to bar actions. Visiting Killing Field Museum & S-21 Tuol Sleng Museum. City tour and Silk Island guided tour hosted by Motogirl

After Dark:

List of streets to check out for bar actions. What’s your favorite? Anything I missed you would recommend?

o 104 – Lucifer, Angels, Cyrcee Secret

o 110 – Golden Vine

o 136 – Wow bar

o 146 – L’Agence

o 252 – Massa has fishbowl type experience?

o 278 – Hangover, Duplex and Club Love

o Clubbing – Golden Sorya (Pontoon), Sound Club, Club Love, Epic club. F Club (inside Naga).

o KTV Actions – Probably my least favorite option as a solo traveler

1. Luxury World hotel

2. MH hotel

3. Darling Darling inside Naga World

Siem Reap – 4 days

Staying 5 mins away from Pub Street. Visiting floating village and Angkor Wat. One of the nights, watch Phare circus performance.

After Dark:

List of streets to check out for bar actions. What’s your favorite? Anything I missed you would recommend?

o Temple Bar

o Cheers

o Little Pub

o Mickey

o Feeling (KTV)

o HipHop Pub
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hanoi & Cambodia Trip Planner / Soon to be Trip Report

Post by sigmoid »

You should maybe post in the "VIP Nightlife" Invite only section (contact an Admin for approval) where people can discuss the more seedy aspects of the after dark scene:

vip-nightlife/

Also, Hanoi, and Vietnam in general, is a bit of an odd choice for what you're after. Of course, such services are available, apparently most commonly in association with massage.

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to mention is that the main chat app used in Vietnam is a local thing called Zalo. Under "Utilities" is a function called "Nearby", which shows people nearby and can be filtered to just show females within a certain age range.

Looking forward to reading your trip report...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cant get in vip nightlife unless someone vouches for him and for all intents its been dead on nightlife
Cant offer much help as haven't visited a bar looking for companionship in well over 10 years
This ain't GGC

AS to floating villages; DONT do the Chong Khneas village as its a real rip off, head for Kampong Phluk

have fun
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

When you’re in PP be sure to try a meal of tarantulas ..... There is a restaurant (I’ve forgotten the name) that employs and trains street kids and families that live on the fringe in all aspects of the hospitality industry from cooking to front of house .... Apparently they have many success stories .... When I went it was early afternoon and still pretty quiet .... Service was friendly and efficient; the tarantulas were tasty enough if you’ve an adventurous palette and can get past the myriad of textures each different part provides ..... They had an assortment of cool non alcoholic fruity drinks that were a good compliment to eating spiders. ;-)

When you visit Site 21 I wouldn’t bother having any big plans for the rest of the day .... I’m a grumpy old soldier and have witnessed the depths humans can stoop to in the name of ideology, but even so, a few hours of wandering around there had me slumped on a bench under a tree, head in hands. Even 2 years later, should I mistakenly open the file where I’ve stored the photos of that place, the bile in my stomach rises to my throat and the sun seems to dim slightly. :-(

Enjoy your visit to what many of us now call home ..... I suspect you’ll be able to find exactly what you seek as KOW offers a little something for everyone.

ImageImage
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

chunwang0318 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:13 am

o 104 – Lucifer, Angels, Cyrcee Secret

o 110 – Golden Vine

o 136 – Wow bar

o 146 – L’Agence

o 252 – Massa has fishbowl type experience?

o 278 – Hangover, Duplex and Club Love

o Clubbing – Golden Sorya (Pontoon), Sound Club, Club Love, Epic club. F Club (inside Naga).

o KTV Actions – Probably my least favorite option as a solo traveler

1. Luxury World hotel

2. MH hotel

3. Darling Darling inside Naga World
I'd forget about checking certain bars of the list if I were you. Girls change bars more often than cars crash into road dividers, especially these days as many bars struggle to pay salaries (on time) and other bars promise greener pastures for the next month. When you arrive you'll notice all the girls on display in front of their bar, so just browse as you please while walking by would be my 2 cents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic