Correcting Cambodian birth certificate

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Correcting Cambodian birth certificate

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello members,

My Cambodian spouse and I recently found out that there are mistakes in her birth certificate. Her information is correct but one of her parent's names is wrong. and both her father and her mother's Dates of Birth are wrong.

According to https://www.khmertimeskh.com/89918/two- ... l-records/ this kind of problem can be corrected at the General Dept. of Identification in Chbar Ampov.

My spouse is not in Cambodia and her parent will try to do this. Does anyone have any experience with this and what is necessary to accomplish this? How long does it take?

Thanks!