27 Workers Injured when Speeding Garment Truck Crashes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

27 Workers Injured when Speeding Garment Truck Crashes

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kampong Speu): On 25 June 2022, at least 27 workers were injured after the vehicle transporting them overturned when reaching a bend at the road.
The accident occurred at 6:15 am on the road by Chrak Poul Village, Chumpour Prek Commune, Udong District, Kampong Speu Province.

According to the police, a white Hyundai truck, with a capacity of 2.5 tonnes (3A-2816), carrying 27 workers, was driving at a dangerously high speed. When there was a bend in the road, the driver lost control of the vehicle, and it overturned causing injuries to all 27 of the workers being carried.
The unidentified driver fled the scene shortly after the accident.

Out of the 27 workers, 16 were seriously injured. An ambulance was called to take the workers to the Udong District Referral Hospital. The truck is being kept at the Udong District Police Inspectorate pending further investigations.
ImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 27 Workers Injured when Speeding Garment Truck Crashes

Post by AndyKK »

This happens too often.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

staff transported like cattle..how can you speed when you are responsible for so many lives.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

truffledog wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:56 pm staff transported like cattle..how can you speed when you are responsible for so many lives.
The three rules of private groups transportation for commuters in south-east asia :

1- Pack it over capacity
2- Drive it faster than you can
3- If amphetamines don't help you to focus, they will help you to runaway

Supposed to bring financial success, and 36 times the pot of shitfuckery when it's not.

Too much in a greedy hurry for most.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

truffledog wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:56 pm staff transported like cattle..how can you speed when you are responsible for so many lives.
Because like most khmer, they have no respect for others or life once they start a vehicle.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

As a Cambodian road user, who has often dealt with truck drivers who don't have a clue, this does not surprise me.
The thing is that you don't need any sort of driving experience or a driver's license to be a truck driver - you can be totally off your tits and no one cares or checks. Except that sometimes the police do a truck driver drug control every couple of months or so. :salut:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:05 pm As a Cambodian road user, who has often dealt with truck drivers who don't have a clue, this does not surprise me.
The thing is that you don't need any sort of driving experience or a driver's license to be a truck driver - you can be totally off your tits and no one cares or checks. Except that sometimes the police do a truck driver drug control every couple of months or so. :salut:
The driver doesn’t care, except when it goes wrong. Doesn’t get paid.
The company who run the vehicle don’t care, except when the vehicle gets trashed =$$$out, not so much $$$in.
The company that hired the transport in the first place don’t care. So long as the product goes to the end customer. Duty of care is a 1st world issue, probably.
This can’t be the first time, so those on board have decided to turn a blind eye (albeit, understandable).
The authorities don’t care, or else it wouldn’t and couldn’t keep happening.

I’m sure I’ve missed one or two…
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I hope the 27 workers have a speedy recovery and can return to work soon. I also hope that the injured workers have their medical bills paid by the transport owner.
I don't wear this because I seem to recall that new laws we're brought into place, about the transport and that of its driver's, here we see once again "unidentified driver fled the scene" why is he unidentified, was he not employed by the transport company or truck owner. The factory owner too has his/her workforce down because of this incident. Losses all round, apart from the incompetence of the driver, and his employer.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic