Let’s go Brandon.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Let’s go Brandon.

Post by Chad Sexington »

Make of this what you will.
Biden unwittingly reveals the cheat sheet he’s been provided with by his handlers/carers.ImageImage
The leader of the free world needs written instructions to remind him “YOU take YOUR seat”, and that he is to “ask a question” (Which will no doubt have been written by his handlers/carers, and be read from an auto cue) and to “Thank the participants”.
The Anchorman Ron Burgundy springs to mind, “Go fuck your self San Diego”
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Let’s go Brandon.

Post by John Bingham »

What's the big deal? Every meeting has an agenda. It was just a vague list of points, unlike the extensive cue sheets the previous POTUS used which had to tell him exactly what to say. You couldn't make this shit up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:21 am What's the big deal? Every meeting has an agenda. It was just a vague list of points, unlike the extensive cue sheets the previous POTUS used which had to tell him exactly what to say. You couldn't make this shit up.
I think the big difference is that Trump wrote his own lists of points, Biden’s has clearly been written by someone else. “YOU take YOUR seat” c’mon man.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Regardless of the latest troll news about the cheat sheets -> Biden sucks. Trump sucks. The next terms candidates look like they suck. Most other elected officials suck are also bought and paid for. Fuck em all.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Make a reality show with Biden and Trump forced to be roommates. Biden forgets who and where he is while strolling around in diapers, Trump hypothesizes about curing covid with a fluorescent light up the ass and curing monkeypox by removing monkeys from zoos. They both fall up and down stairs repeatedly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 am
John Bingham wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:21 am What's the big deal? Every meeting has an agenda. It was just a vague list of points, unlike the extensive cue sheets the previous POTUS used which had to tell him exactly what to say. You couldn't make this shit up.
I think the big difference is that Trump wrote his own lists of points, Biden’s has clearly been written by someone else. “YOU take YOUR seat” c’mon man.
Not really, Biden's is clearly printed while Trump's is hand written.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

LOL. This is funny. I have no love for the current POTUS, even less for the previous POTUS, but making an issue as to whether it is handwritten or printed, or who allegedly wrote it, what difference does it make? Just trivial bs. Nobody goes into a meeting as a speaker without an agenda and/or PowerPoint.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:54 am Make of this what you will.
.ImageImage
Look at this another way, as mentioned. It’s bullet points for an agenda, when time is most likely very tight. He may well have written it himself with the emphasised YOU to bring himself back to the schedule, in case of any sidetracking, impromptu distractions. Otherwise, without it, some poor assistant is going to have to inconspicuously keep POTUS on point, on time, when there might be a gaggle of reporters and photojournos just waiting to take a photo of someone reminding him what his lines are.

Unwittingly? Or…. It’s not that important against a backdrop of say, yet another school shooting, regional war, territorial intrusion, or a myriad other issues that are.

I’d be very surprised if it weren’t common practice.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

"I’d be very surprised if it weren’t common practice."

Me too. In fact I've been to an event where probably everyone who arrived (me definitely) had no idea of what specifically was going to happen other than some awards given and probably some speeches.

You walk into the room and have no idea what you're expected to do, where to sit etc and that's when you're greeted and someone takes you to your assigned seat which was just as well because I probably would have just looked for an empty chair otherwise. At each seat there's a pack containing, among other things, a schedule of what's going to happen, who will speak, etc.

Then you see a government official walk in looking like he'd just rushed from his last meeting to this event where he seems as much in the dark as the guests as to what he's supposed to do, and when. I have no doubt an assistant quickly briefed him and gave him an itinerary like ours but with something to highlight to him that after this guy speaks it's HIS turn to speak, then someone else will do something, then HE will present the awards, then something else, then HE poses for photos.

How does the saying go.....Proper planning and communication prevent embarrassing clusterfucks.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:54 am Make of this what you will.
.ImageImage
Look at this another way, as mentioned. It’s bullet points for an agenda, when time is most likely very tight. He may well have written it himself with the emphasised YOU to bring himself back to the schedule, in case of any sidetracking, impromptu distractions. Otherwise, without it, some poor assistant is going to have to inconspicuously keep POTUS on point, on time, when there might be a gaggle of reporters and photojournos just waiting to take a photo of someone reminding him what his lines are.

Unwittingly? Or…. It’s not that important against a backdrop of say, yet another school shooting, regional war, territorial intrusion, or a myriad other issues that are.

I’d be very surprised if it weren’t common practice.
Come off it, it’s a list of instructions/orders from whoever is actually making the presidential decisions, that has been stuck into Bidens hand (after having been drilled on it for days in advance) prior to him being wheeled out in public for the absolute minimum amount of time, his handlers hoping against all odds that he’ll remember to stick to his lines and not “go rogue” and start speaking his feeble mind. We all know there’s someone yelling through his earpiece “just stick to the fucking script Joe”
No mention on the cheat sheet of taking questions from the media present? Fifty years in politics and he can’t handle/be trusted to take questions from a massively partisan media. Lord forbid he should forget his orders and actually respond to a media question, because then they’d have to send in Jill or the Easter Bunny to haul him off before he reminds everybody how confused and bewildered he is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic