Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Re: Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Post by vivathedivas »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 pmMy two businesses have nothing to do with each other, not sure what point you're trying to make?
I've never claimed to be a "guide for people looking for jobs," I am a CV writer.
1. Your online profile includes CV writing and gluten-free. Since you use the same ID, they are inextricably linked, because if you write something that is perceived as negative or inappropriate on either one, it automatically is linked by your customers.

2. CV's are not helping people find jobs? Wow. You present yourself as a person who improves CV's, which could quite reasonably identify you as a guide for people looking for jobs. The ONLY function of a CV I can think of is to find a job, but enlighten us if there are others.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:37 pm

Who’s giving you a hard time? I’m genuinely curious what the cookies at that price are like.
You compared my product to dustbin lids, that sounds more provocative than genuinely curious.
Genuinely curious would have been something along the lines of "why are gluten free products more expensive than regular products?"

You push buttons and you push and push until you get the reaction you hope for, then you throw your hands up in the air like you're the victim and people are picking on you for no reason.
Not cool.
I said I wasn’t going to bother with you again, but I’ll make an exception because you’ve lost your shit again over a genuine curiosity I expressed regarding your product.
How is 2 short posts enquiring about what seemed (to me) quite expensive cookies, pushing and pushing for a reaction?
I wasn’t pushing, but you certainly reacted, straight to abuse and name calling.
I kept it polite, and wished you luck, but here you are again, off on another rant. “Not cool”
You say my opinion counts for zero (I don’t recall expressing an opinion, only asking a question) “because I’m not in your target market” if you’re only targeting the genuinely gluten intolerant (as in, diagnosed by a medical practitioner) I’d image that being a very small market.
And for the record, there’s only one party here acting the victim here, and it ain’t me.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

vivathedivas wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 am
1. Your online profile includes CV writing and gluten-free. Since you use the same ID, they are inextricably linked, because if you write something that is perceived as negative or inappropriate on either one, it automatically is linked by your customers.

You have a point and I apologize for being quite so forceful in my post about the cookie prices. It didn't quite come out how I wanted to and for that I am sorry.
What I meant to say was, that people who are not gluten intolerant are not within my target market, and are not used to paying the extra for the more expensive gluten free products.
People who are gluten intolerant and used to buying more expensive treats, do not think the cookies are overpriced and they are selling by the bucket load.
I hope this clears up what I was trying to say, I am sorry I posted without thinking my answer through.

99.99% of my CV customers are in South Africa, wanting to move overseas. None of them are interested in my gluten free products at all, and occasionally I write a CV for someone in Cambodia, but the two businesses have very little to do with one another, other than I am involved in both.

2. CV's are not helping people find jobs? Wow. You present yourself as a person who improves CV's, which could quite reasonably identify you as a guide for people looking for jobs. The ONLY function of a CV I can think of is to find a job, but enlighten us if there are others.

You're correct, I am a CV writer.
My job is to take someone's experience, skills and qualifications and present them on paper, in a way that employers can read it in less than a minute and a half. My job is to create the best "portrait of you on paper" to encourage employers to interview you for a job. The role of the CV is to get you into the door for an interview.

But that's where my role ends.
I am not a head hunter or a recruiter, or a migration agent, or an HR professional. I have great relationships with people in all those fields who have advises me on CV strategies, but I am not actually involved in placing candidates into jobs.

I hope that clears up what I do :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am if you’re only targeting the genuinely gluten intolerant (as in, diagnosed by a medical practitioner) I’d image that being a very small market.
My target market is people who want to avoid gluten, whether medically diagnosed as gluten intolerant or not.
Thanks for your concern, but since you aren't paying the bills, you can stop worrying about me.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:11 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am if you’re only targeting the genuinely gluten intolerant (as in, diagnosed by a medical practitioner) I’d image that being a very small market.
My target market is people who want to avoid gluten, whether medically diagnosed as gluten intolerant or not.
Thanks for your concern, but since you aren't paying the bills, you can stop worrying about me.
“My concern? worried about you?” Don’t flatter yourself.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am

Who’s giving you a hard time? I’m genuinely curious what the cookies at that price are like.
You compared my product to dustbin lids, that sounds more provocative than genuinely curious.
Genuinely curious would have been something along the lines of "why are gluten free products more expensive than regular products?"

You push buttons and you push and push until you get the reaction you hope for, then you throw your hands up in the air like you're the victim and people are picking on you for no reason.
Not cool.
<cut>
I wasn’t pushing, but you certainly reacted, straight to abuse and name calling.
<Cut>
Everyone has the right to feel offended, you too
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:42 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am

Not cool.
<cut>
<Cut>
Everyone has the right to feel offended, you too
And those seeking to be offended, are rarely disappointed.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Chad, what names did I call you? I've read back over this thread and can't find where I called you a nasty name.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:28 am
Why else would you care so much about my customer base and profits? You're like a kid in kindergarten who pulls the girls hair and runs away, because he secretly fancies her.
Got a little crush have you Chad?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:11 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:28 am
Why else would you care so much about my customer base and profits? You're like a kid in kindergarten who pulls the girls hair and runs away, because he secretly fancies her.
Got a little crush have you Chad?
Throwing a bit of chum in the water Roz? :D

Locked Previous topicNext topic