Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Post by rozzieoz »

I’m sure there are many people having a little victory giggle over their early morning wake up beer. Consider it my Christmas gift.

Onwards and upwards.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

You're not the first person to have a start up business not work out over here. Maybe your business idea wasn't all that good but like others have already mentioned here, other parts of your business acumen have shown through, specifically marketing. How about your next venture being something in that area? Every business needs to be promoted in one way or another. Seems your possibilities in that area could be limitless. You've just got to keep going and one way or another, you'll hit pay dirt.
Merry Christmas. 🎅🎅
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The business didn’t fail, it was purposefully closed for other reasons which I’m not going into here.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Cooldude wrote:You're not the first person to have a start up business not work out over here. Maybe your business idea wasn't all that good but like others have already mentioned here, other parts of your business acumen have shown through, specifically marketing. How about your next venture being something in that area? Every business needs to be promoted in one way or another. Seems your possibilities in that area could be limitless. You've just got to keep going and one way or another, you'll hit pay dirt.
Merry Christmas. ImageImage
I have a very successful primary business which is doing very well, I have no plans or need to start another venture.

Thanks for the encouragement though :)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:35 am The business didn’t fail, it was purposefully closed for other reasons which I’m not going into here.
Roz, either stop giving hints, come clean with why it failed
or just drop it
you know everyone here loves a story :-)

an many find enjoyment at others failures.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Post by rozzieoz »

No, the purpose of the post was to inform people it’s closed, I’m not obligated to go into details.

But it certainly isn’t because it was a bad idea or that I’m a bad business person. Neither of those is true :)
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 am Is anyone surprised? No one eats gluten free unless they are gluten intolerant. This was too narrow of a niche for Cambodia. Also many gluten intolerant people just eat keto - meat/cheese/eggs and avoid starches entirely. They don’t eat bread/cookies pasta rice, potatoes - all sugars. You don’t need a special shop to eat like that. A keto style restaurant or food supplier could offer some gluten free products as a sidebar but to exist on that alone in Asia seems impossible. Sorry Roz not trying to dig just giving my opinion. Your marketing was top notch. You would probably do well in marketing.

You're being a bitch for no reason.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Self edit
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Admin please can you close commenting.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

violet wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:00 pmSelf edit
It's getting a bit tiresome. Spill the beans or don't leave any traces of your self restraint.
Locked Previous topicNext topic