Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Goodness Me! It’s Gluten Free

Post by AndyKK »

Brownie cake is spot on, and the lemon cake too. Miss the truffles you first had Rozz.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote:Brownie cake is spot on, and the lemon cake too. Miss the truffles you first had Rozz.
Oh I totally forgot about those truffles, they were delish! The brownie mix would be great for them.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:57 pm
AndyKK wrote:Brownie cake is spot on, and the lemon cake too. Miss the truffles you first had Rozz.
Oh I totally forgot about those truffles, they were delish! The brownie mix would be great for them.
The brownies I had, the fourth day without a fridge were still okay.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’ll send more brownies and cupcakes tomorrow, the cupcakes are incredible. They are so soft and taste like tiramisu - you’ll love them!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Gluten free Coffee flavored cupcakes, $3 each
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 pm I’ll send more brownies and cupcakes tomorrow, the cupcakes are incredible. They are so soft and taste like tiramisu - you’ll love them!
Tiramisu one of my all time favorites I am what you call a cake addict
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tomorrow Andy, promise! ;)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I'm thrilled to announce that we will be attending the next Odom Garden Farmer's Market, selling our range of baked goods:

Coffee cupcakes - $3
Vanilla cupcakes - $3
Chocolate brownies - $3
Cookies - 3 for $5
Lemon cake - $2.50
Savoury muffin - $3
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

To be honest, I wouldn't have considered ordering from you before, not because I don't think your food looks yummy, but - and I know this might sound a bit strange - I don't have a gluten problem. When I see the name 'Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free', subconciously, I immediatly think 'but I don't have a gluten problem' and kind of brush aside the thought of ordering from you without giving it a second thought. It's like seeing diabetic chocolate on the shelf. I don't have diabetes, so why would I buy it, even though it might taste even better than regular chocolate?

Seeing how prominant you've become on the board though, through the very kind and generous help you've given Andy has made me think again at how ridiculous I was in thinking that. But I'd be interested to know if other people think / thought the same way as me?

Far be it from me to be giving out business advice, but it does leave me wondering if, by making the gluten-free aspect of your business such a prominant USP, you're, in a way, perhaps disuading people who don't have a gluten problem from ordering from you?

Just a thought, but you'll definitely be getting an order from me over the weekend, and hopefully further orders going forward. Your food certainly does look great, gluten or no gluten.

And again, huge respect to you over the Andy issue.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:54 pm To be honest, I wouldn't have considered ordering from you before, not because I don't think your food looks yummy, but - and I know this might sound a bit strange - I don't have a gluten problem. When I see the name 'Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free', subconciously, I immediatly think 'but I don't have a gluten problem' and kind of brush aside the thought of ordering from you without giving it a second thought. It's like seeing diabetic chocolate on the shelf. I don't have diabetes, so why would I buy it, even though it might taste even better than regular chocolate?

Seeing how prominant you've become on the board though, through the very kind and generous help you've given Andy has made me think again at how ridiculous I was in thinking that. But I'd be interested to know if other people think / thought the same way as me?

Far be it from me to be giving out business advice, but it does leave me wondering if, by making the gluten-free aspect of your business such a prominant USP, you're, in a way, perhaps disuading people who don't have a gluten problem from ordering from you?

Just a thought, but you'll definitely be getting an order from me over the weekend, and hopefully further orders going forward. Your food certainly does look great, gluten or no gluten.

And again, huge respect to you over the Andy issue.
Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to your order.
I think you've missed the point of my business model though - it's food specifically for people who do have a gluten problem.

I am not planning on marketing to anyone else. If "normal" people taste the food and love it, that's great, but they are not my target market.
Locked Previous topicNext topic