Journalist Shot in the Head by Siem Reap Gunman

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Journalist Shot in the Head by Siem Reap Gunman

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On 21 June 2022,a freelance journalist was shot in the head by an unidentified gunman in front of Sovann Bakery, located along National Road 6, in front of Paradise Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap City.
According to eyewitnesses, the deceased, Phon Phoeun, alias Hang Touch, a 36 year old journalist who lived in Mondul 3 village, Siem Reap Province, went to eat in a restaurant by Paradise Angkor Hotel at 1:00am on 21 June 2022. As he was leaving the restaurant, a stranger drove up in a white Ford Ranger (2C0061) claiming to be a policeman, and went over and kicked the journalist's motorbike license plate, provoking an argument.
The unidentified man then pulled out an unmarked pistol and shot the victim in the head, kicked the victim once, and shot at him a second time.
According to latest reports, Brigadier General Teng Channath, Siem Reap Provincial Police Commissioner and Mr. Da Chamroeun, Siem Reap City Inspector, have not yet confirmed the identity of the gunman, or whether he is really a member of the national police force as he claimed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Journalist Shot in the Head by Siem Reap Gunman

Post by techietraveller84 »

So, who does the Ranger belong to? Is it the gunman's, because that should make this pretty quick?
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:24 am So, who does the Ranger belong to? Is it the gunman's, because that should make this pretty quick?

Add the word " stolen" to the word Ranger and it changes the whole story
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm going to bet a love triangle. Possibly a business issue, but my money is on the love triangle.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

There seems to be a girl sitting in the cars passenger seat. Weird that she did not run away if the car was stolen with her in it.

I guess triangel drama too.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 pm The unidentified man then pulled out an unmarked pistol and shot the victim in the head, kicked the victim once, and shot at him a second time.
Does that make any sense to anyone?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

mossie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:18 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 pm The unidentified man then pulled out an unmarked pistol and shot the victim in the head, kicked the victim once, and shot at him a second time.
Does it make you wonder ?
Where are you ? ( kingdom of wonder )
If you think where you are and think about what it says ….
Maybe it makes sense that way
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Unregistered pistol? Did they scratch off the serial number?
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am
You're absolutely right Big Daikon, that would make perfect sense.

I just think that's far beyond the scope of what is reported/published/investigated in KOW. For that reason I believe that there is much bigger mystery lying in that sentence.

Maybe it's one of those 3d printed pistols, who knows. I have no idea why I even find this so damn fascinating. However, I'll push it all in that there is some alien technology involved.

Probably because I'm very very drunk again.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

mossie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:06 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am
You're absolutely right Big Daikon, that would make perfect sense.

I just think that's far beyond the scope of what is reported/published/investigated in KOW. For that reason I believe that there is much bigger mystery lying in that sentence.

Maybe it's one of those 3d printed pistols, who knows. I have no idea why I even find this so damn fascinating. However, I'll push it all in that there is some alien technology involved.

Probably because I'm very very drunk again.
Maybe a poor translation.

(I don't know much about guns in Cambodia. Went to a gun range once in PP.)

Drunk already? Or still?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic