Pls help me to find a guest house in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Pls help me to find a guest house in PP

Post by Anchor Moy »

^[.~]*|=:\/>[] wrote:Yes, yes, take it easy. I didn’t say I wouldn’t like the noble Khmer race even though deporting some of them barefoot with theirs SUV’s to Antarctica seems to be appropriate.
Thanks for your tips so far – I just try to avoid Cambodian, English or Australian owned guest houses. They are weird. Last time a Cambodian threw me out because I dared to complain that the showerhead was defective, and the last English guy was going for my throat because I ordered breakfast without fucking beans.
I’m just looking for a normal guesthouse, with a normal owner and normal guests on the outskirts of Phnom Penh. Also, I’m not French and I have nothing against them.
Ok, seems to me that you have two separate problems here; finding a decent guesthouse on the outskirts of PP, and your problem with guesthouse owners.
Just because one Cambodian owner gave you a hard time, you put everyone in the same sack? Same with all Brits and Australians ? One misunderstanding can happen to the best of us, but seriously, have you considered that you might have an attitude problem if this has happened more than once.
If you go over the other side of the Japanese bridge (up past Calmette), there are guesthouses there -probably cheap, but also probably run by Cambodians. Otherwise, there is a French place about 5ks out of town I think - bungalows and pool and not too expensive. Or look for hotel signs in Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean or Russian etc.
(And for future reference, don't EVER order beans on toast without beans - just leave the beans, and you'll be fine. ;) )
^[.~]*|=:\/>[]
Expatriate

Post by ^[.~]*|=:\/>[] »

Anchor Moy wrote:
If you go over the other side of the Japanese bridge (up past Calmette), there are guesthouses there -probably cheap, but also probably run by Cambodians. Or look for hotel signs in Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean or Russian etc.
Thank you. Still, my emphasis was on normal. The guest houses left or right of the Jap bridge are run down brothels.

Anchor Moy wrote:(And for future reference, don't EVER order beans on toast without beans
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I would never do that. I wouldn't dare in the presence of an English guy.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

You just experienced with one bad Cambodian and you generalized them all. I hope you will meet some good Cambodians and hopefully it will change how you see Cambodian.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Premature
Tourist

Post by Premature »

deleted
Last edited by Premature on Sat May 23, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premature
Tourist

Post by Premature »

double post
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Caution Cambodia: shit-magnet is approaching your location.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Why is it that every half-wit with a complaint about Cambodia has to bring up the subject of cars? Lexus, SUVs, etc? In every country in the world there is a rich elite which lives in a style that those around them cannot possibly dream of. Check out Bill Gates' home or Buckingham Palace for examples of this.

If someone owns a cheap guesthouse (and it seems pretty clear that the OP is another in a long line of low budget tourists) they're hardly likely to be among the oppressors of the nation - those people are considerably richer than a middle class business owner. It seems to me that people are very happy to talk about raising Khmer living standards but when it actually happens, they just want to rain fire on their parade.

And OP if you have had 3 guesthouses here treat you like shit, the problem is you and not the guesthouses and it has nothing to do with the cars that the owners drive.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

TheGrinchSR wrote:Why is it that every half-wit with a complaint about Cambodia has to bring up the subject of cars? Lexus, SUVs, etc? In every country in the world there is a rich elite which lives in a style that those around them cannot possibly dream of. Check out Bill Gates' home or Buckingham Palace for examples of this.

If someone owns a cheap guesthouse (and it seems pretty clear that the OP is another in a long line of low budget tourists) they're hardly likely to be among the oppressors of the nation - those people are considerably richer than a middle class business owner. It seems to me that people are very happy to talk about raising Khmer living standards but when it actually happens, they just want to rain fire on their parade.

And OP if you have had 3 guesthouses here treat you like shit, the problem is you and not the guesthouses and it has nothing to do with the cars that the owners drive.
Reminded me of this:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

^[.~]*|=:\/>[] wrote: and the last English guy was going for my throat because I ordered breakfast without fucking beans.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic