Vietnam Visa Waiver

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Vietnam Visa Waiver

Post by Bluenose »

Now that it's been reintroduced for UK citizens, does anyone know if a return ticket/proof of onward travel is required? I'm going there and back next week via Bavet/MocBai but one of our staff will pick me up from/take me back to the border on the Vietnamese side
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Vietnam Visa Waiver

Post by jaynewcastle »

Are you now able to let us know please
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Vietnam Visa Waiver

Post by Stravaiger »

Fwiw I flew to Saigon from Bangkok with Vietjet last week (yes, long delay). Vietjet allowed me to board with a one way ticket on a British passport but cautioned me I would have to explain my onward travel plans at Immigration.

In the event the officer just asked how long I intended my stay to be and I said About ten days, and he stamped my 15 day visa waiver.

I doubt controls are any more strict at Moc Bai.

Currently the cheapest bus is $30 SGN-PNH. I've been told prices will drop further, but probably not to pre-Covid levels.

The flight was 90% Viets, no masking or distancing. The queue at Immigration took 90 minutes. Considering all the waiting around at airports and the inconveniences the bus option isn't that much worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic