Life-changing headphones (for me).

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Life-changing headphones (for me).

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Sony's WH-1000XM4 headphones are good.

For anyone who may suffer with noise sensitivity (Hyperacusis or misophonia?), or just simply want to have some peace and quiet in an otherwise noisy world, I can't urge you enough to buy a pair of Sony's WH-1000XM4 (or the newly released M5s) noise cancelling headphones.

I'm somewhat hard to impress, but I really can't believe how effective these headphones are at cancelling the day to day noise of a televisions, screaming kids, loud music, noisy neighbors, planes, traffic or any other sounds that might affect your concentration or need for quiet. I'm actually shocked at how good these things are.

There's also outstanding listening quality for your music or movies, bluetooth pairing, sliding your finger at various angles across the outside of the earpiece/cup to raise or lower volume, or to skip a track, or push a little button to check battery life, or calibrate noise cancelling, and the mic allowing you to talk on your phone..well, it's all very clever. And not to mention the lightness and comfortability of wearing them for long periods of time - but the quiet!!

At $AU450 they're not particularly cheap, I guess, but if you value some peace and quiet, I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with these headphones. I'd been deliberating for a couple of years now whether to get them or not, and wish I'd pulled the trigger and bought them much sooner.

Obviously I'm no audiophile or techie-type person, and it may be my noise sensitivity speaking, but, well, did I say I was impressed by these headphones?? Honestly, if noise is an issue in your life, you need this bit of kit!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Life-changing headphones (for me).

Post by John Bingham »

Mod alert! Kung-fu Hillbilly account hacked by ad-bot.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:51 pm Mod alert! Kung-fu Hillbilly account hacked by ad-bot.
Yeah, I know. I'm kind of embarrassed about plugging them so hard, but for people who might suffer with noise sensitivity or related conditions like the ones I've mentioned as well as ADHD and others, honestly, these could be life-changing.

I know - it's a big rap.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Noise sensitivity: you forgot wife/girlfriend (sorry, thought it may have been just an oversight, LOL)

But yes, although I personally don’t care for using headphones for music or television, I have browsed Best Buy while looking for earbuds and there are some pretty badass noise canceling headphone sets out there, and no, the good ones are not cheap. But you get what you pay for.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Kenr wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 pm Noise sensitivity: you forgot wife/girlfriend (sorry, thought it may have been just an oversight, LOL)
Isn’t that just a building flaw? Failure to build the kitchen at an appropriate distance.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

I had some Bose QC15s years ago, and one thing I experienced was the "ear pressure" when they were on.

Wondering if you notice anything of the same on these, just out of curiosity.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I finally got some noise canceling earplugs. Would love a pair of headphones like that, but they're so damn large. Can't throw them in your pocket.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

SlowJoe wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:25 am I had some Bose QC15s years ago, and one thing I experienced was the "ear pressure" when they were on.

Wondering if you notice anything of the same on these, just out of curiosity.
I've had these headphones on for four or five hours straight with no ear pressure problems.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Coincidence, that on the same day has your post I had bought a set of headphones too, but I am not wanting to spend excessive money here, I just wanted a pair mainly to watch a movie or listen to a little music. There are 3 reasons, pod type can irritate after wearing for some time, also it can be noisy when the apartment blocks kids arrive home after school, then there is the mutual neighbourhood agreement of no excessive noise after 10pm (except for wedding's and funeral's). Yes, you can hear a pin drop after 10pm in my area.
Now I am no technical wiz, so the Bluetooth pairing is 5.0 fine with my tablet, but not my laptop, where the Bluetooth is 4.0, so when connected they have niggling drop outs, but they are dual use with the Bluetooth and 3.5 jack.
I bought them via food panda, free delivery and a $2 discount, total $18, they do the job for my needs.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic