Online Ganja delivery...confirmed

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Re: Online Ganja delivery...confirmed

Post by hairdo »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:27 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:03 pm George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, John F Kennedy, Barack Obama, Bill Gates, Michael Phelps, Hugh Hefner, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Jobs, Whoopi Goldberg, Willie Nelson, Kevin Smith, Roseanne Barr, Patrick Stewart, Charlize Theron, Madonna, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Bob Dylan, Bill Maher, Carl Sagan, David Letterman, Morgan Freeman, Martha Stewart, Alexander Dumas, Stephen King, Woody Harrelson,Shakespeare, Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Elon Musk are all losers apparently. :?
Let's not forget Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.
Paul McCartney too, they always leave him out because he's such a gentleman. I know from his personal photographer that he smoked pretty much all day, every day.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:35 pm I think the biggest problem is when the persons form a kind of habit, the weed is harmless, but the person is not if he can't afford to buy his/her next fix. Again, it's all in the head the habit could be meth or ice-cream, it's down to the individual.
Yes, there has been a surge of addicts murdering people for ice cream recently. I hate ice cream and anyone who touches the stuff. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:39 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:35 pm I think the biggest problem is when the persons form a kind of habit, the weed is harmless, but the person is not if he can't afford to buy his/her next fix. Again, it's all in the head the habit could be meth or ice-cream, it's down to the individual.
Yes, there has been a surge of addicts murdering people for ice cream recently. I hate ice cream and anyone who touches the stuff. :facepalm:
Hahaha, I love ice-cream and its forever causing me a habit, withdrawal symptoms are huge, please don't hate me, we all have or hang-ups and desire's.
:beer3:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 pm Most of them are or were habitual weed smokers. None of them self-immolated.
Most of them my arse. They are a list of people that have admitted to smoking marijuana at some point in their life, either as a one off or habitualy. As have I, habitually, between 1987 and 1994. I have never said all people who have ever smoked weed are losers. I am saying once you get over a certain age, late 20s or early 30s, and you are still smoking pot on the daily you are not only a loser but also a drug addict. Once you get to over 50 and you are still smoking pot on the daily that's when the mental and physcial health issues will kick in.

What is your point here?

I have no idea what you are trying to prove by listing a bunch of famous people who might have once smoked dope and whose smoking dope had no bearing on their careers either. I see a bunch of actors and showbiz types in your list but no great sports stars. Hm, why is that? Okay, lets have a look at another person in your list shall we? Picked at random:

Kevin Smith (that titan of movie making)

A quick gogogle search and we uncover the deluded, and classic stoner claim by Kevin Smith that smoking pot may have helped him survive a heart attack. And then we have the folowing article:

Citing the words of one of his physicians, film director Kevin Smith claimed that smoking marijuana may have helped him survive his recent heart attack.

That statement, which the New Jersey native made Tuesday on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, has cardiologists racing to set the record straight. If anything, marijuana use may have contributed to his heart disease, said cardiologist Pravin Patil, director of the cardiovascular disease training program at Temple University's Katz School of Medicine.

"I find it really unusual that a doctor would've suggested that to a gentleman presenting with an acute coronary syndrome," Patil said after hearing about Smith's claim.

One big study implicating marijuana as a risk factor for heart disease was conducted at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia. In their analysis of more than 20 million patient records, Einstein researchers found marijuana use was associated with a higher risk of stroke, heart failure, coronary artery disease, and sudden cardiac death. The researchers also found that marijuana use was linked to other factors known to increase the risk of heart disease, such as obesity, high blood pressure, and cigarette smoking.

So was marijuana directly to blame for causing stroke and heart failure, or was it an indirect connection? Possibly both.

Further analysis showed that regardless of body weight, blood pressure, and the other related risk factors, marijuana use by itself was associated with a 26 percent increase in the risk of having a stroke and a 10 percent increase in the risk of heart failure. The Einstein physicians presented their findings in 2017 at an American College of Cardiology meeting.

And previously, in a smaller study of 3,882 patients, other researchers found the risk of heart attack was up to 4.8 times higher within one hour of using marijuana, compared with people who did not use the drug. On the other hand, long-term studies have not linked marijuana use with a higher risk of dying from cardiovascular disease, according to a 2016 summary on the issue from the American College of Cardiology.

Marijuana may contribute to heart disease in multiple ways, said Temple's Patil. It can elevate the resting heart rate and blood pressure as well as the levels of stress hormones, he said. Other studies have shown that smoking marijuana decreases the user's capacity for exercise.

Smith told Colbert he had suffered an especially serious type of heart attack called a "widowmaker," with a 100 percent blockage in the left anterior descending artery.

But - insert Otto The Bus Driver voice -

hey dude those heart doctors r bound to say marijuana contributes to heart disease cos the man dont want you smoking weed dude cos weed makes u intelligent dude, u start questioning the status quo when u smoke dope dude, u question the man dude n the beer companies dude they lobby against weed dude yeh mary jane saved Kevin Smith dude....

Grow up.
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

Hardcore trolling...so many biting

Go away Marijuanas man
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

DankSinatra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:32 pm 'Stephen King has been drug free since 1991.'

Sorry Mista, Cannabis ain't no drug..Its medicine.

Would you prefer your 'son'..cough cough, boyfriend, to take cannabis tincture or Opiates post surgery?.
I dont get the cough cough boyfreind joke. Are you implying I have sex with my son? That ain't funny at all mate. In fact it is totally unamusing and offensive.

Oh and opiates for post surgery pain recovery - every time.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

DankSinatra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm Hardcore trolling...so many biting

Someone makes a point you cant counter

yeah trollin

Dude, you love pot so much you have alluded to it in your name ffs. You think smoking pot is clever do you?

Grow up.
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

The researchers also found that marijuana use was linked to other factors known to increase the risk of heart disease, such as obesity, high blood pressure, and cigarette smoking.
Sounds like a somewhat biased approach to include factors such as obesity and tobacco to conclude the dangers of this popular remedy. Again, it seems that causal issues related to societal issues and political stance are central to this argument.
Last edited by hairdo on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

You're an A Grade Troll...Thanks for the laughs Botty Boy.
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

'Are you implying I have sex with my son'?

Did you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic