Good sports bar for State of Origin & AFL?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Good sports bar for State of Origin & AFL?

Post by Anchor Moy »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:09 pm It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
It is nice in theory, but real ale needs regular upkeep (clean pipes and thingies) that most Cambodian bars are not willing to pay for.
And face it, if you had good real ale available in Cambodia, why would you return to the UK ? :plus1:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:20 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:09 pm It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
It is nice in theory, but real ale needs regular upkeep (clean pipes and thingies) that most Cambodian bars are not willing to pay for.
And face it, if you had good real ale available in Cambodia, why would you return to the UK ? :plus1:
I think that question is asked in general.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

AndyKK wrote:It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
People say that, but then they only have one and I hen complain the price is too high and the owner ends up with a lot of stock that's difficult to move.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:23 am
AndyKK wrote:It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
People say that, but then they only have one and I hen complain the price is too high and the owner ends up with a lot of stock that's difficult to move.
This is very true; I would only have one or two now and again, but would settle for a short or two, but I am not a big drinker.
:beer2:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic