Jabs for Jobs ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Jabs for Jobs ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Factory workers and teachers are mentioned here as two jobs where Cambodian bosses sometimes have a mandatory Covid vaccine policy for workers, however, officially, this policy is vigorously denounced by the government.
Do expats in Cambodia have any knowledge of jobs that are tied to vaccine requirements ?

June 17, 2022
Outcry over ‘forced’ jabs
Yim Sreylin / Khmer Times
Despite Prime Minister HE stressing that Covid-19 vaccinations are on a voluntary basis, some companies are said to be threatening their workers with the sack if they do not get the third jabs.

This has prompted an outcry from unions, and the Health Ministry as well as the Phnom Penh Health Department are investigating the matter.

Upon getting wind of the issue, Khmer Times hit the street recently and found that most of those seeking vaccinations at two health centres in the capital were job seekers or workers who wanted the third dose to meet their company’s requirement.

At the Chamkar Dong Health Centre, factory worker Team Theary, 26, said she came to receive the third dose there since her workplace did not provide in-house vaccination arrangements.

“The human resources team in my workplace urged all employees, especially workers, to vaccinate against Covid-19 with the third dose. If the employer finds out that the vaccination status of each employee is over four months since the second dose, the services will be terminated immediately,” she said.

“This ruling came into force last month. Previously they never set any strict regulations like this and only required inoculation with basic doses only. If anyone wants to work in my company the third jab has become a priority requirement,” she added.

A teaching assistant at a private school, Youk Srey Chan, 21, came to receive her third dose after more than seven months after the second one. She said that she was urged by her employer to be vaccinated with the third dose and submit the information to the Administration team.

“The parents are pushing the school management to employ only those who have been inoculated with the third dose, as they don’t want their children to be in a high-risk setting with the incomplete vaccinated teachers,” she said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501095725/ ... rced-jabs/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Re: Jabs for Jobs ?

Post by violet »

Companies using it as a measure of how superior to their competitors they are.

Not ok
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Not just companies. Had a few beers at my neighbor's last week and two government workers (provincial government) joined in, they'd just received their 5th (yes, fifth!) compulsory shot, or third booster. A booster is required every 3-4 months they told me.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 am Not just companies. Had a few beers at my neighbor's last week and two government workers (provincial government) joined in, they'd just received their 5th (yes, fifth!) compulsory shot, or third booster. A booster is required every 3-4 months they told me.
With also the donations of the vaccines from China, and now the Cambodian government announcing that they are going to manufacture the vaccine for China. Now the country is at the stage of its 5th booster, mainly mentioned for front line people. But I wonder when they say enough, or will it carry on?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:41 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 am Not just companies. Had a few beers at my neighbor's last week and two government workers (provincial government) joined in, they'd just received their 5th (yes, fifth!) compulsory shot, or third booster. A booster is required every 3-4 months they told me.
With also the donations of the vaccines from China, and now the Cambodian government announcing that they are going to manufacture the vaccine for China. Now the country is at the stage of its 5th booster, mainly mentioned for front line people. But I wonder when they say enough, or will it carry on?
Any CEO members received their 5th jabs?
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic