2 Gang Members Arrested for Attacking Woman on Motorbike

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Gang Members Arrested for Attacking Woman on Motorbike

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On June 14, 2022,two out of a gang of 6 suspects were arrested for an armed robbery which took place on Street 110, Prek Thmey 1 village, Sangkat Prek Thmey, Khan Chbar Ampov on June 8, 2022.
The arrested suspects were Theng Bros called Asvet, an 18-year-old man from Chompuh Ka'ek village,Khan Chbar Ampov, and Savan Menghak called Akondol, an 18-year-old man from O'Andong village, Khan Chbar Ampov.
The victim was Thon Chanry, a 29-year-old woman who works for Vattanak company in Chbar Ampov.

ImageImage
According to the police, the victim was driving a Honda motorbike (PNH 1HS-2895)when she was attacked, kicked and struck with knives by the 6 suspects. The woman suffered a cut on her right shoulder and bruises on her right arm. She screamed for help and fortunately, the sand mine workers working nearby came to her rescue.

The suspects escaped without taking the victim's motorbike. Luckily, the police tracked down the suspects and arrested 2 of them. The suspects and evidence are held in custody for further investigation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 2 Gang Members Arrested for Attacking Woman on Motorbike

Post by John Bingham »

That's heavy getting attacked by six of those nasty little goons. Those are pretty big "knives" they found.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

That's some pretty bad shit, I don't understand how volant the youth are getting.
Hope the lady recovers quickly from the ordeal
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 pm That's some pretty bad shit, I don't understand how volant the youth are getting.
Hope the lady recovers quickly from the ordeal
She will probably never recovery mentally after that shit, how could you
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

What gang? The Snot-Gobblers?

The runts they call gang members here, cry at soap operas, inside.

They would be swatted back home, then made to do every chore and errand real gangs could bitch out to them, before being flushed down the bog when bored.

Little shits. They would squeal like stuck pigs on each other, too.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:42 pm What gang? The Snot-Gobblers?

They would be swatted back home, then made to do every chore and errand real gangs could bitch out to them, before being flushed down the bog when bored.

Are you trying to compare a group of teenagers with a gang with maybe thousands of members? They are both called gangs. Either way you wouldn't want to be in that ladies shoes at that time.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

atst wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:56 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:42 pm What gang? The Snot-Gobblers?

Are you trying to compare a group of teenagers with a gang with maybe thousands of members? They are both called gangs. Either way you wouldn't want to be in that ladies shoes at that time.
Probably wouldn't fit, and heels play havoc with my back, like a beeitch! Get all bow-legged like you been in a gang-bang (to stay on topic). Having sex with 3 is a threesome, sex with 4 is a foursome; a girl called me handsome last night. Have to get curtains. SOW, the neighbour was complaining about his wife sunbathing in the yard, naked. Personally, I'm on the fence. (To get back off topic)
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Isn't it lovely, the keyboard warrior from abroad discussing the validity of the word 'gang member' after six teenagers beat up a girl in order to steal her motorcycle?

Don't worry, question is meant to be retoric..
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:01 pm Isn't it lovely, the keyboard warrior from abroad discussing the validity of the word 'gang member' after six teenagers beat up a girl in order to steal her motorcycle?

Don't worry, question is meant to be retoric..
I'm not sure "beat up" is the most appropriate phrase to describe getting attacked with slash hooks and machetes by six mini hoodlums. It's all very well thinking you're the toughest guy in town until a bunch of these feral rat-kids turn up and chop you to bits with farm implements. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Hopefully they won't just have their heads shaved as their punishment

Personally, I don't regard that as punishment at all
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic