Chinese and Khmer Arrested with 54Kgs of Various Drugs

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese and Khmer Arrested with 54Kgs of Various Drugs

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On June 14, 2022, the authorities revealed 2 suspects who were taken into custody for allegedly trafficking around 54kgs of drugs. The suspects were Bao Jiang, a 31-year-old Chinese national, and Trav Ritheara, a 26-year-old Cambodian national.
On June 10, 2022, at 2:15 pm, the authorities started hunting the drug dealers at 4 different locations.
-The first location was at the Koh Dong traffic stop of Sangkat Teuk Laok 2, Khan Toul Kork where a suspect, and 7.26kgs of heroin were seized.
-The second location was on Street 345, Tomnup 1 village, Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Sok, a suspect, a Ford Ranger, where police found 32.96kgs of methamphetamine, and 13.8kgs of ketamine.
-The third location was at a rented house #T107.3. on Street 2 of Borey Camko City, Sangkat Toul Sangke, Khan Russey Keo with 688.86gs of Ketamine.
-The fourth location was at Paoli Apartment, room #1825, Street 139, Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara where 417.35gs of methamphetamine pills, 164.21gs of methamphetamine powder, 212.85gs of Ketamine, and 193gs of another white substance were confiscated.
The total amount of drugs seized were 54.481kgs of drugs, and 193gs of unspecified substances:
- 7.26kgs of Heroin
- 34.234 methamphetamine (ICE)
- 13.221kgs of Ketamine
- 193gs of unspecified white substance
The suspects and the evidence were held in custody for further investigation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Chinese and Khmer Arrested with 54Kgs of Various Drugs

Post by willyhilly »

Crikey Sen Sok my old hood. 32kgs of meth and 13kgs of ketamine. There were outrageously big villas out there. I can see why.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

More Patsies.

All these cases seem to end here, with these types of arrests and seizures and the eventual 30 year sentence in a year or so. There is never any mention of their personal wealth, big houses or flash cars due to there never being any. They are just the fall guys and there are plenty of them.

I wonder if any of them are even offered a deal to name names?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The authorities seem to always be up on this issue, knowledge of where to intercept the traffickers. They are currently and have been for some time now, of large volume. If these amounts of drug's are just for the local community WOW.
I would expect it's being produced in and around the city, and possibly shipped out to other countries. But who knows, because we never hear about who maybe running the show. Like doc mentioned about personal wealth, find it hard to believe the guys who were busted had that money to put up, but who knows because they may have been doing this a long time.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:09 pm If these amounts of drug's are just for the local community WOW.
It's very difficult to know but I believe most of these shipments are bound for overseas. For example Ketamine, an anesthetic which was available over the counter here as a liquid intramuscular or intravenous medicine for years, from respected companies in India and Bayer etc, is now mostly found in busts in a crystalized/powdered form. This is manufactured illicitly in Yunnan, Myanmar and likely here now. When there were more Chinese here there were regular busts of KTVs and clubs where they found MDMA/ Crystal Meth and Ketamine. More recently I hear of huge volumes of Ketamine being found, like 50 KG etc. I don't really believe the market for this is that big here. Crystal/ Ice/ Yama is in every village. Rich people like a bit of Charles. Junkies will always appreciate the unadulterated China white that can be found here. Ketamine I wouldn't really know but as far as I can figure I think it's being exported to Taiwan, and possibly Australia where illicit drugs command huge prices. Cambodia has been a major conduit for narcotics for decades, and it seems that quite a few manufacturing plants have been found in recent years. Mind ya bizness though. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic