No more articles from The Times

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

No more articles from The Times

Post by armchairlawyer »

FYI, several members have questioned the relevance of the Times articles I have posted to this Rest of the World section (Love Island, Asil Nadir, Heavy drinkers more healthy, Johnny Depp, Rebekkah Vardy etc). And the Mods are lukewarm.
It takes a bit of time to copy and paste and clean them up and I'm running the risk of getting my subscription to The Times getting cancelled, so I won't do any more.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: No more articles from The Times

Post by atst »

That's sad news, hope you have a change of heart.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:44 am FYI, several members have questioned the relevance of the Times articles I have posted to this Rest of the World section (Love Island, Asil Nadir, Heavy drinkers more healthy, Johnny Depp, Rebekkah Vardy etc). And the Mods are lukewarm.
It takes a bit of time to copy and paste and clean them up and I'm running the risk of getting my subscription to The Times getting cancelled, so I won't do any more.
as i recall our illustrious leader told us, "its our forum"
post what you desire
if someone can post DAILY worthless specials on the 2 restaurants he works for. Why cant you post?

Go for it :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:12 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:44 am FYI, several members have questioned the relevance of the Times articles I have posted to this Rest of the World section (Love Island, Asil Nadir, Heavy drinkers more healthy, Johnny Depp, Rebekkah Vardy etc). And the Mods are lukewarm.
post what you desire
if someone can post DAILY worthless specials on the 2 restaurants he works for. Why cant you post?

Very interesting I was wondering why these places have so much leeway on the bourd it does not seem like paid advertiment to support the CEO but more like a few that may get perks from these places
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Thank you Roz for your like. I'm pleased this will leave more space for you to promote your CV and gluten-free businesses.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I don't understand why people take offense to posts that don't interest them. It's pretty easy not to click on the love island thread if you're not interested in love island.
Scarier than malaria.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Oumedc wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:55 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:12 am
post what you desire

Very interesting I was wondering why these places have so much leeway on the bourd it does not seem like paid advertiment to support the CEO but more like a few that may get perks from these places
TRAFFIC= Higher click count= happy advertisers, cause they think someone will click on their ad. :beer3:
google loves new content
even on fb Cambodia groups , advertisers are only allowed to post ads once /week
yet here he is allowed daily posts and repeat next week :please:

at least Roz doesn't hit us daily asking if we need a new Resume' :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Well, I’m of the view, armchairlawyer, that if you post something that is of interest to me, I’ll read it. As I have. And if it’s not of interest, I shall not. As I haven’t. And so, if it’s of no disadvantage to you, I say continue.
Variety, and all that.

My own interests are varied, and occasionally match, often don’t.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

ali baba wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:48 am I don't understand why people take offense to posts that don't interest them. It's pretty easy not to click on the love island thread if you're not interested in love island.
Here lies wisdom.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

In my case, I hope you don't mistake me occasionally disagreeing with the author of the article you post (such as that Janice piece recently) for disliking the fact that you posted said article here. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic