Jealous Man Shoots Ex-Wife Leaving Baby Orphaned

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Jealous Man Shoots Ex-Wife Leaving Baby Orphaned

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): A tragic event occurred during a domestic violence incident, when an ex-husband shot and killed his ex-wife, causing her to die in the bedroom of her home, along National Road 2 in Toul Roka village, Sangkat Chak Angre Krom, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh, at 3pm on June 10 2022.
The ex-wife was 22-year-old Nou Socheata, who worked at NagaWorld. The suspect is her ex-husband named Chea Oun, 24 years old, unspecified occupation and resides around Psar Dei Huy. The couple divorced three months ago, and have a 9-month-old son.

Sources said that before the incident, the ex-husband went to his wife's house and had a verbal dispute because he was jealous of his ex-wife having an affair which led to their divorce. He did not want the divorce and wanted his wife to come back to him.
During the argument, the suspect pulled out a gun and shot his ex-wife with 3 bullets and she died on the bed instantly. Then he tried to shoot himself with 1 bullet, but didn't die.The suspect did not immediately flee, and relatives of the victim reported to local authorities to intervene and arrest. After the arrest, the suspect was sent to the Chak Angre Krom Police Administration Station for questioning and further proceedings.
After the incident, forensic experts arrived at the scene and conducted an autopsy to examine the scene as well as interrogate the witnesses.
Police found four bullets around the body, including one that was unexploded .As for the gun that the suspect shot and killed his ex-wife, there is no source to confirm where it came from.
It seems that the man intended to kill his ex-wife, because before the shooting the accused posted photos on his Facebook page of his ex-wife and their child, and apologized in advance to his family for what he was planning to do:
"I'm sorry, both parents do not want to do that, because of love, I can not cut out my heart, and my wife did not give me a chance, I tried very hard, I love my wife very much, I do not want anyone to get my wife, I apologize to my parents, it is very difficult, I do not want to be separated from my wife, I want to help me and my wife to be together for the rest of my life, I apologize to my parents, aunts and uncles, all of you help take care of my child."
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Jealous Man Shoots Ex-Wife Leaving Baby Orphaned

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): At the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on the morning of March 29, 2023, the judge postponed the verdict until April 27 to allow further questioning of a man charged with shooting his ex-wife to death due to jealousy,

The above hearing was held in public with Mr. Mam Chanvannak as the President of the Trial Chamber, and Mr. Vongsa Savath, Deputy Prosecutor representing the Prosecution of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.
The accused is Chea Oun, male, 24 years old, unspecified occupation, living around Phsar Dei Huy, Phnom Penh, and in front of the hearing, the accused confessed with tears, admitting his guilt, that he committed an inappropriate act in shooting his ex-wife. The defendant also asked the court to commute his sentence because of his remorse over the killing

Please be reminded that on June 13, 2022, the judge decided to issue an arrest warrant for the perpetrator, on charges of premeditated murder, which requires the perpetrator to be sentenced to life in prison.
The above case happened when the man shot his ex-wife in a pool of blood on June 10, 2022 in a house along National Road 2 in Tuol Roka village, Chak Angre commune, Meanchey district, Phnom Penh. The victim was Nou Socheata, a 22-year-old NagaWorld employee, and they had a 1-year-old son, but they divorced three months ago.
The verdict will be announced next month.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic