January 6th Committee Public Hearings

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: January 6th Committee Public Hearings

Post by canucklhead »

Wheres Ray Epps?
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:33 pm Wheres Ray Epps?
Probably watching from home...
...for more than a year, well before the name Ray Epps was widely known in right-wing circles, federal authorities have had information — from both him and Mr. Samsel — suggesting that he was not a government agent and did not encourage the younger man to engage with the police that day.

Just two days after the attack, when Mr. Epps saw himself on a list of suspects from Jan. 6, he called an F.B.I. tip line and told investigators that he had tried to calm Mr. Samsel down when they spoke, according to three people who have heard a recording of the call. Mr. Epps went on to say that he explained to Mr. Samsel that the police outside the building were merely doing their jobs, the people said.
Then in late January of last year, in an interview with the F.B.I., Mr. Samsel said much the same thing, telling investigators that a man he did not know came up to him at the barricades and suggested he relax, according to a recording of the interview obtained by The New York Times.

“He came up to me and he said, ‘Dude’ — his entire words were, ‘Relax, the cops are doing their job,’” Mr. Samsel said.
The theories surrounding Mr. Epps have been debunked before, most notably after he spoke last year to investigators working with the House select committee examining the Jan. 6 attack. During the interview, committee officials said, Mr. Epps said that he was not an F.B.I. informant and denied reports that he had urged protesters to go into the Capitol at the behest of federal law enforcement agencies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/j ... dence.html

Yeah I know, the earth is flat, the moon landings never happened, Covid was a hoax and Ray Epps was an FBI stoodge that instigated Jan 7th Capitol riot. It's all so simple if you just believe enough.
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

This is where we clean my establishment. Starting with the flat earthlings, and all those who have been to the moon and returned with a collection of pebbles that they hide at home in the attic.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Video detailing how Trump scammed his own supporters (mostly small dollar donors) into donating $250 million towards an "Official Election Defense Fund" which his aides admit "Never Existed", the money was then moved to the Save America Pac and used to make a $1 million dollar donation to Mark Meadows' charity, $1 million to the America First Policy Institute, $200,000 to his own Hotel Group and $5 million to Event Strategies Inc. Once a scam artist, always a scam artist I suppose!

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

down_time wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:53 pm Video detailing how Trump scammed his own supporters (mostly small dollar donors) into donating $250 million towards an "Official Election Defense Fund" which his aides admit "Never Existed", the money was then moved to the Save America Pac and used to make a $1 million dollar donation to Mark Meadows' charity, $1 million to the America First Policy Institute, $200,000 to his own Hotel Group and $5 million to Event Strategies Inc. Once a scam artist, always a scam artist I suppose!

Given his history, how could anyone have believed for one minute that this money was actually going to go to lawyers to fight something that didn’t exist? A grifter with his experience knows how to manipulate the gullible.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Former Trump supporter Ms. Coulter agrees.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

NYTimes. MSNBC you guys have your fingers on the pulse!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Some people turned the hearings into a spectator event.

About an hour before the first prime time hearing of the House committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol, people began to trickle into the courtyard of a northwest Philadelphia church.

They were there for a community watch event, one of roughly 90 organized by liberal activists, urging people to gather to watch the rare, televised evening hearing together.

"I expect to be shocked, and I didn't want to be shocked at home by myself," said Melanie Brennan, who lives in the Mount Airy neighborhood where the event was being held.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:22 am NYTimes. MSNBC you guys have your fingers on the pulse!
Oh dear, the sections I quoted from the NYT article refer to recordings of interviews with the FBI, investigators working with the House select committee and the two people who were actually involved in the exchange. It doesn't matter which institution reports on these events, there is no opinion or commentary referred to, simply law enforcement, a senate committee investiagators and the two primary sources.

What are your sources to support your narrative? A video from YouTube? Rudy Guiliani? lol.

As for MSNBC, I have not watched any of the commentary they provide, I find it excruciating to listen to the ridiculous panel discussions they host, which are typical for all American news channels regardless of the politcal leanings of the channel. I am interested only in the actual public hearings and as such it makes no difference on the channel. Note that nothing I have posted contains any of the MSNBC commentary/discussion and none of the committee's own narrative.

I focus only on the witness testimony, recorded depositions and video of the events in question (much of which has not be aired previously). Most of which are from members of Trumps team, his family and conservative lawyers and judges with long and well respected careers, many of whom I probably disagree with on political issues. There is also plenty of video taken from Trump supporters social media and interviews with conservative news channels (Fox News has been played on numerous occasions).

You don't address any of the issues raised by the testimony, only wail about the "lib media". The fact is the people featured were "in the room where it happened" so to speak and provide first hand testimony on what happened, what was said, when and by who. It may be uncomfortable for you but it's much more reliable than listening to some pundit or commentator, "on the internet", that has no idea what they're talking about.

If you have anything worth listening to or reading I would be very happy if you could link to it so I can understand your reasoning.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:24 pm Former Trump supporter Ms. Coulter agrees.
I am quite shocked to find myself in agreement with Ann Coulter, first time for everything. Kudos to her for having the courage to change her position based on the facts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic