January 6th Committee Public Hearings

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: January 6th Committee Public Hearings

Post by Big Daikon »

down_time wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:54 pm Are you suggesting that the police that were reported to have committed suicide actually came to some sort of nefarious ends?
{snip}
As for the BLM protest/riot I think it's a bit disingenuous to compare a public protest with associated violence to a mob, encouraged by the President, violently storming the Capitol with the deliberate and stated aim of preventing Congress certifying the result of an election. Violence should be condemned whoever commits it but the two events are not comparable, clearly.
1. Yes, I find it highly suspect that four police officers committed suicide after that day. The odds are staggering.
2. The low-grade civil war of 2020 was far more murderous and damaging to the social fabric of the US. The lumpenprole shock troop army that was unleashed throughout the nation sought to destroy, steal and kill for the "freedom" to steal and kill. A thin veneer of ideological justification was added.
3. The incidents of Jan. 6 was an attempt (horribly wrongheaded in my opinion) to ensure a fair election. A far nobler cause, though.
4. The narcissistic overreactions of the Congress Critters says more about our "leaders" than the goofy trespassers.

PS-You and I are not going to agree on this. We can agree to walk away nicely, however.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:49 pm
1. Yes, I find it highly suspect that four police officers committed suicide after that day. The odds are staggering.
2. The low-grade civil war of 2020 was far more murderous and damaging to the social fabric of the US. The lumpenprole shock troop army that was unleashed throughout the nation sought to destroy, steal and kill for the "freedom" to steal and kill. A thin veneer of ideological justification was added.
3. The incidents of Jan. 6 was an attempt (horribly wrongheaded in my opinion) to ensure a fair election. A far nobler cause, though.
4. The narcissistic overreactions of the Congress Critters says more about our "leaders" than the goofy trespassers.

PS-You and I are not going to agree on this. We can agree to walk away nicely, however.
Incidents? Para-military well prepared people I'd say.

Why people coming for the noble cause of ensuring a fair election need gas masks, helmets, aluminum bats & beat up the police goes a bit over my head.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:02 pm

Why people coming for the noble cause of ensuring a fair election need gas masks, helmets, aluminum bats & beat up the police goes a bit over my head.
On the other hand:

Again, my position is somewhere between indifference and mirth.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

173 law enforcement officers committed suicide in 2020. According to National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund’s annual report of fatalities among law enforcement officers. https://coffeeordie.com/2020-law-enforcement-deaths/

That's one every two days, not sure the odds are that staggering at all. Lumpenprol is an interesting term to use, you do not that in Marxist theory they are an underclass that are not involved in revolutionary activities? Or am I missing something?

PS We don't have to agree about something to discuss it, something that many seem to forget these days. I like to understand people's views regardless of whether they align with mine.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

down_time wrote: Sat Jan 03, 1970 4:58 am Lumpenprol is an interesting term to use, you do not that in Marxist theory they are an underclass that are not involved in revolutionary activities? Or am I missing something?

PS We don't have to agree about something to discuss it, something that many seem to forget these days. I like to understand people's views regardless of whether they align with mine.
I use the Marxist term to describe the coalition of ghetto blacks and white criminals. While some of the shock troop army of 2020 may have been more ideologically motivated, I think the term is appropriate.

PS-Good point. I enjoy the give-and-take exchange here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:25 pm

On the other hand:

When someone illegally enters my house but then has the courtesy to sit on the toilet while having a piss I will ignore the fact he broke in illegally and provide him a warm welcome.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:12 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:25 pm

On the other hand:

When someone illegally enters my house but then has the courtesy to sit on the toilet while having a piss I will ignore the fact he broke in illegally and provide him a warm welcome.
In California, you'd get sued for doing otherwise.

Seriously, the people entered the "People's House". Meh.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Back to the topic at hand. Yesterdays hearing was focused on the debunking the "Big Steal" theory pushed by Trump and his acolytes. It seems the committee was also keen to prove that Trump knowingly promoted conspiracies about election fraud and in fact knew full well that he legitimtely lost the election. This would be critical in any attempt to persuade the DoJ to charge Trump with unlawfully preventing the certification of an election or obstructing Congress.

@Cooldude you should take a look as the film 2000 Mules is mentioned a few times and evidence given directly contradicts some of the films central claims.

FOX NEWS political editor, Chris Stirewalt testifies, countering the claims surrounding the so called red wave or red mirage.
In the 40 or 50 years, let's say, that Americans have increasingly chosen to vote by mail or early or asentee, Democrats prefer that method of voting more than Republicans do so Republicans win election day and Democorats win the early vote." "It happens every time."
TO WATCH VIDEOS CLICK PLAY ONCE AND CLOSE THE POP UP, CLICK PLAY AGAIN AND THE VIDEO WILL PLAY IN THE SAME PAGE (ONLY REQUIRED FOR THE FIRST VIDEO YOU CLICK ON)

Trump had "No Chance" of winning after the results of December 7th acording to Chris Stirewalt due to needing to overturn the results in not one but three states and the margin of Biden's win in the six swing states was too wide to believe realistically they could be overturned in recounts.

Chris Stirewalt explain how Fox News had the confidence to call Arizona early, much to the annoyance of Trump.

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:36 pm

Seriously, the people entered the "People's House". Meh.
Sure, they peacefully entered the People's House with the noblest intentions?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

This is the problem with a “documentary” like 2000 Mules. Even though the director admits that his movie showed no evidence of what he was claiming, just him saying it happened made people, some people, believe it happened.

It should have been labeled as fiction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic