NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

Post by Kammekor »

I looked for a case of tonic water through NHAM24 to bring to the province. Home tops had a case on offer for about 9 bucks, which seemed reasonable since I saw single cans in the marts for 2000r so I ordered 2 cases and paid online.

Five minutes later NHAM24 called me. Home tops had informed them the price on display was wrong, the difference was 90 cent per case, Nham24 asked me to pay 1,80 USD extra to cover for the difference. I've been in Cambodia for a long time, but this country still is able to surprise me. How it is possible that a successful (?) online platform tries to solve a seller's problem by charging the customer extra after a sale has been agreed and paid for is beyond me. How it is possible Home tops doesn't suck up the 0,90 cents 'loss' and shout out to the person managing the online pricing is also beyond me.

Truly the Kingdom of Wonder.

Oh, I asked NHAM24 to cancel the purchase and refund me, which they didn't seem to get.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Re: NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

Post by Flexxman »

What a tragedy, I feel sorry for your loss. Have you already set up a fundraiser I can contribute to in order to help you with your suffering?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:29 pm I looked for a case of tonic water through NHAM24 to bring to the province. Home tops had a case on offer for about 9 bucks, which seemed reasonable since I saw single cans in the marts for 2000r so I ordered 2 cases and paid online.

Five minutes later NHAM24 called me. Home tops had informed them the price on display was wrong, the difference was 90 cent per case, Nham24 asked me to pay 1,80 USD extra to cover for the difference. I've been in Cambodia for a long time, but this country still is able to surprise me. How it is possible that a successful (?) online platform tries to solve a seller's problem by charging the customer extra after a sale has been agreed and paid for is beyond me. How it is possible Home tops doesn't suck up the 0,90 cents 'loss' and shout out to the person managing the online pricing is also beyond me.

Truly the Kingdom of Wonder.

Oh, I asked NHAM24 to cancel the purchase and refund me, which they didn't seem to get.
Recently ordered ice-cream tub from supermarket for my kids through Nham and noted that the description was for 4 x 290ml tubs of ice-cream although I could see that for the price this was a mistake in their Nham listing text.

So, when the ice-cream arrived I highlighted the disparity and advised them that I expected either a refund or three more tubs of ice-cream delivered from the supermarket. They refunded me with no issues and kids got free ice-cream

I use Nham 5 days a week, order online and occasionally shit like this happens - I have invariably been refunded fully or in part when there has been some issue with my order so can't complain

I would reccomend to never call them, always use the text support option with pictures - it removes a great deal of lost in translation issues and leaves them no wriggle room to decline ones refund

Petty? Maybe - I like to get what I paid for
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Flexxman wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:36 pm What a tragedy, I feel sorry for your loss. Have you already set up a fundraiser I can contribute to in order to help you with your suffering?
It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
I will explain this to you in another extensive post some other time, OK?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
This would never happen in any other country. It's time to send in the B52s again. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:36 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
This would never happen in any other country. It's time to send in the B52s again. :?
Well, it just never happened to me in any other country. Maybe it's common practice in the Kongo, or Mexico, or Moldova?

No B52's please. Filling up the crater the B52's created in my garden cost me a lot more than 0,90 USD.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:09 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
For the sake of PR I would always suck it up.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have been using food delivery Apps for some time now, they were very important at the time of the COVID-19 lockdowns, also being my partner's full time carer when she was ill, again it is the convenance to get food or goods delivered to your address.
Here lies my biggest problem! I don't have a street name or number. But the Apps use the location on your phone or computer, but the delivery riders must use the map of the App, if they use Google maps they again run into problems. But those small problem's, location and not carrying small change seem to be that of my problem and not the problem of the delivery riders, nor that of the company.
Why do I not have a street name? Why do you not give the rider the correct money on delivery, such an example of a figure such as $5.32, if paid by the dollar, or would be the Cambodian cost of 22,344reil.
There seems to be no logic in the way that a business conducts it's self, and don't forget the customer is responsible for all that may go wrong, receiving wrong order, delivery riders going to the wrong location and not being able to give change. My last experience with NHAM24 was the delivery rider had gone to the wrong location, actually about 0.5km from me, "I am here" is the message on my phone, "why don't you come out" is the next message. I give the rider directions of my location via translate. The rider tells me to come and collect my order, 4 office staff phone call and text me, the 5th call, the person says to me "we try contacting you, but you don't reply", if that is so, why are we having a conversation now? The reply from them is we can't deliver to you because you have no street name or number. So NHAM24 will not deliver to me anymore.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic