NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

Post by xandreu »

ali baba wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:45 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:09 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
For the sake of PR I would always suck it up.
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.
Are the two mutually exclusive? By sucking it up, doesn't that demonstrate a responsibility for your own mistake, which, in turn, then goes on to promote good PR? I'm not a business owner myself but this seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:00 pm
Are the two mutually exclusive? By sucking it up, doesn't that demonstrate a responsibility for your own mistake, which, in turn, then goes on to promote good PR? I'm not a business owner myself but this seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.
Exactly. Doing the right thing = good PR.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

vivathedivas wrote:
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm
Flexxman wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:36 pm What a tragedy, I feel sorry for your loss. Have you already set up a fundraiser I can contribute to in order to help you with your suffering?
It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
OK, Karen.

If the country is so bad, go home, or move on. Life is too short to be burdened with terrible things like this. Or lodge a complaint with the ICJ
It's also the kind of attitude that would prevent any (service oriented) Cambodian company from expanding within the region or elsewhere abroad successfully. If people complain enough and don't just take it for granted, business practices change and they improve.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.
Its as if we have forgotten we are living in a (cheap) third world country, and our expectation is that businesses are managed by well educated, well trained people."who you foolin, me? you? wake up ni**er before we all through"
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Motives matter and telling people you care about fixing your mistake and providing good service as an end in itself is good PR, even if you don't mean it.
Scarier than malaria.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

concerning service in Cambodia;

Been ordering stuff off of Ali express, my address is the PO in Kep and they call me when package arrives>
last week got a call and headed to the PO , Got there, nope...no package, so called him back and he said its at the PO
OK, i dont speak Khmei so had the wife call, seems the package was sent to Kampot PO< told her to ask them WHY< address on package is KEP
He said he would send it over, 2 days later nothing, called back. they sent it back to PP ( 165kms) vs 18 kms to Kep

all one can do is say, "Cambodia, what why going to do?" :facepalm: :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

hdgh29 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:32 am

Its as if we have forgotten we are living in a (cheap) third world country, and our expectation is that businesses are managed by well educated, well trained people."who you foolin, me? you? wake up ni**er before we all through"
Cambodia isn't a third world country and this is a service based economy.

Raise your expectations
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:29 am

Raise your expectations
according to this site Cambodia IS A 3RD world country
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries

This combination of confusion and possible insult has made Third World a largely obsolete term. Instead, most modern speakers and writers favor more accurate, inoffensive terms such as "developing countries" and "least developed countries" (calculated by the United Nations) or "low-income countries" (based upon World Bank data).
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:37 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:29 am

Raise your expectations
according to this site Cambodia IS A 3RD world country
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries

This combination of confusion and possible insult has made Third World a largely obsolete term. Instead, most modern speakers and writers favor more accurate, inoffensive terms such as "developing countries" and "least developed countries" (calculated by the United Nations) or "low-income countries" (based upon World Bank data).
Cambodia is classified as a lower middle income country by the world bank

"3rd world" is boomer speak from cold war era and is a nonsensical way of classifying countries.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:49 am
Cambodia is classified as a lower middle income country by the world bank

"3rd world" is boomer speak from cold war era and is a nonsensical way of classifying countries.
Not necessarily 'boomer speak'. Anyone old enough to have a memory of the 1989 events will be used to the term '3rd world'. It is obsolete now, and indeed of very little to no use.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic