NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

Post by Kammekor »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:45 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:09 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
For the sake of PR I would always suck it up.
Me too. Not just for PR's sake but because I put the item on offer for that price in the first place. If I fuck up, why bother my customer? That puzzles me, especially when we're talking about a 90 c. difference.
The way I see it, it shows a very narrow minded, short term thinking. It also shows people handling the offer at the time did't have skills or the responsibility to deal with it.

To put it broader now, that's what holds this country back. Lack of responsibility and accountability. At least IMHO.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

For what it's worth, I wouldn't accept a retroactive price increase either, not even if it's "only" 90 cents. Either they fulfill the order as paid, or they need to cancel it and refund the full amount, as a matter of principle.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:45 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:09 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm If this is your biggest problem this week, you are doing okay :)
True. Amazement doesn't kill people. I've seen a bigger problem this last week, but also wrote about that one.

On a serious note, if you sold 10 bucks worth of gluten free food through NHAM24, would you bother the customer over a 90 c. price difference, or would you suck it up and change the online price?
For the sake of PR I would always suck it up.
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.

I don't get why people are giving OP so much push back. What did you expect when you read the title?
Scarier than malaria.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

So here's an update on this. NHAM24 have cancelled my order and refunded me in a NHAM24 wallet I wasn't even aware I had, instead of my bank account.

So much for customer service @ NHAM24. 0 out of 10.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

So I looked into this, and went through the 'terms and conditions' of the NHAM24 app and there it says the default refund will be into your 'wallet' instead of your bank account. NHAM24 was on the right side of the law doing this. Kudos for being legally right.

Imagine Amazon refunding into an 'Amazon wallet' for future purchases instead of refunding into your initial bank account / credit card.

Still 0 out of 10 from me.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

ali baba wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.

I don't get why people are giving OP so much push back. What did you expect when you read the title?
[/quote]

Well obviously if I made a mistake I'd do my best to fix it, that's what good PR is all about :) I have no problems taking responsibility for a mistake. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm
Flexxman wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:36 pm What a tragedy, I feel sorry for your loss. Have you already set up a fundraiser I can contribute to in order to help you with your suffering?
It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
OK, Karen.

If the country is so bad, go home, or move on. Life is too short to be burdened with terrible things like this. Or lodge a complaint with the ICJ
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

vivathedivas wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm
Flexxman wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:36 pm What a tragedy, I feel sorry for your loss. Have you already set up a fundraiser I can contribute to in order to help you with your suffering?
It's no tragedy mate, it's just shows, or at least it's an example of, what's wrong in this country, and why this country isn't able to compete in a fast changing world.
OK, Karen.

If the country is so bad, go home, or move on. Life is too short to be burdened with terrible things like this. Or lodge a complaint with the ICJ
Replies like this always make me switch off a bit. The superiority of the 'pretend to be experienced' with Cambodia and life in general.
I like to live in Cambodia in general, have lived here for over a decade and now I've come across an annoying experience by a service which is by many regarded as reasonable to good. And I post about it on a forum about Cambodia. How did I dare. Stupid me

The fact I live here made me lose my right to point out a flaw recently experienced, I guess, and makes me a 'Karen'? 8)

Now back on topic to those wanting too.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have mentioned before about how business is conducted, and 9 times out of 10 it's not in your favour, that is too when the mistake or error is down to the company's bad management.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Update again. Last night I tried to transfer the money from my 'wallet' to my ACLEDA account and they didn't accept the account number, no matter what. After I complained through the NHAM24 chat function they moved the money from the wallet to my bank account and I received it today
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic