"Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by bossho »

Cool, don't sublimate the visa and passport situation man, get on top of it and let the pros handle it on your behalf. PM me if you want some steering.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Oumedc
Expatriate

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by Oumedc »

bossho wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:21 pm Sounds good but I am not buying the part where you say the Canadian Embassy had no services for you. If they did say that to you then you have ground to challenge that and if you don't challenge then you lose the ability to play the pity card. If you are a Canadian citizen the Canadian State dept is obligated to aide you as a destitute Canadian abroad.
. This 100% true and I have seen it a couple of times. Ask for work ID number of that person. Pop a email of to a rep back home.. Do a YouTube video short and sweet polite explain...

But do not be rude..
Title. Should read warning to Canadians traveling abroad..

Scren shot emails..

You see what happens real fast..

Also two sides to every story.. Somethings do not add up.. If a person took your passport why no police report?
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Oumedc wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 am
Also two sides to every story.. Somethings do not add up.. If a person took your passport why no police report?
If you must know...

"Our" (ex and I) nextdoor neighbours are a chief immigration officer at the passport/visa office in Nirouth (Phnom Penh), the other is a high level officer of the Sangkat herself, and guess who they're friends with? My ex wasn't just some damn bar girl, she's a well connected foreign educated (grew up and went to school in America) individual.

Think I got a snowball's chance in hell trying to talk to the police here?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 pm
atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm I don't read anything in there kicking a guy when he's down, first paragraph letting your visa run out and honestly you deserve a kicking for doing that, no excuses simple as that, or are we supposed to feel sorry and have nothing for sympathy for educated people being dumb.
Anyway seems oops getting on top of things
So if I told you my ex took my passport and I had no other form of ID, and the only way to get my proof of citizenship papers was through the Bangkok embassy which I couldn't get to because she had my passport, is that what you call being dumb? Fyi for my fellow Canucks, the Canadian embassy in Cambodia does not do proof of citizenship papers, only basic renewals.

Just curious. You act like I had the power or something to do something about this situation, as if I hadn't been in this country over the space of two decades with 20+ visas and hadn't magically known about these things that whole time. When life fucks you over, that's what is means. It fucks you over...

Don't be too quick to judge unless you know who's shoes you are in.
Way back, i had a passport stolen when i was in India, Went to the embassy. and they did a search for my name/passport #, came back. no record, wtf!!!
boy, was i pissed, OK, what do i do ? Bring 3 people to the embassy that had seen my passport, yea right, i show my passport to random people, anyway got 3 guys staying at the gh i was living in an took them to the embassy to "verify" they saw my passport, Had to borrow enough to pay for it but got it, than the fun began. Took me another 4 months to get out of India> made a deal with gh to bring new guests in for free rent, made a deal for food, begged on the streets and stole shit out of high priced stores and sold to Tourists> Unlike you, i knew Nobody in Delhi as i had only been there a few days

IN this day and age i dont know anyone that does not have a copy on their phone of their passport and visa. (i learned to always carry a copy from then on)

SO ask them how you can get a new one, you state the embassy wont issue you one but surely they will issue you something so you can travel to Bangkok to get a new papers or something> there not going to hang you out to dry
just cause some high ranking immigration officer is friends of ur wife, means not much what the Canadian embassy does ( BTW the passport is property of the government that issued it)

You state you have been 20 years in Cambodia, Made no friends?
Do whatever you need to do to get that Passport and sort out ur visa, each day its $10
being legal is the first step in moving on
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:54 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 pm sad times, but even with a bitch for an ex no excuse to let ur passport /visa lapse
if you have been here as long as you state surely you must know some people from better days> beats asking random people on a forum

If Canada is anything like the states, the embassy wont do much for ya, they will contact someone back in the states for you, but you state nobody to contact>
doubt they will give ya a loan to return, Unless ur plead on ur knees. BUT if you have nowhere to go there>>>>
At the minimum, at least go to the embassy an renew ur passport

To everyone reading this
things can go to shit if ur not on top of it
Nothing like kicking a guy when he’s down huh Dick ...... only a douche would feel the need to have began with that 1st paragraph ......
I don't read anything in there kicking a guy when he's down, first paragraph letting your visa run out and honestly you deserve a kicking for doing that, no excuses simple as that, or are we supposed to feel sorry and have nothing for sympathy for educated people being dumb.
Nice to see Richard has company, I'm sure his legs are tired from kicking Joe and will appreciate someone cheering on his efforts.

I guess when meeting a stranger who's struggling the adage of ' If you've nothing good to say, maybe remain quiet' is passe amongst some of the more vocal keyboard warrior crowd .... I'd suggest that when a guy is admitting he's reaching rock bottom through mostly his own doing, adding salt to his wounds as a conversation starter is the hallmark of small petty men .... But heh, that's just me.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:27 am
atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:54 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 pm sad times, but even with a bitch for an ex no excuse to let ur passport /visa lapse
if you have been here as long as you state surely you must know some people from better days> beats asking random people on a forum

If Canada is anything like the states, the embassy wont do much for ya, they will contact someone back in the states for you, but you state nobody to contact>
doubt they will give ya a loan to return, Unless ur plead on ur knees. BUT if you have nowhere to go there>>>>
At the minimum, at least go to the embassy an renew ur passport

To everyone reading this
things can go to shit if ur not on top of it
Nothing like kicking a guy when he’s down huh Dick ...... only a douche would feel the need to have began with that 1st paragraph ......
I don't read anything in there kicking a guy when he's down, first paragraph letting your visa run out and honestly you deserve a kicking for doing that, no excuses simple as that, or are we supposed to feel sorry and have nothing for sympathy for educated people being dumb.
Nice to see Richard has company, I'm sure his legs are tired from kicking Joe and will appreciate someone cheering on his efforts.

I guess when meeting a stranger who's struggling the adage of ' If you've nothing good to say, maybe remain quiet' is passe amongst some of the more vocal keyboard warrior crowd .... I'd suggest that when a guy is admitting he's reaching rock bottom through mostly his own doing, adding salt to his wounds as a conversation starter is the hallmark of small petty men .... But heh, that's just me.
i'd say the exact same thing to his face and how is anything i said kicking him?

Namaste'
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

He's not the first person to be screwed over by his girlfriend/wife and won't be the last and not just in this country, bit late now but having some backup funds and passport and visa up to date when living o/s must be the number 1 priority for everyone. If my girlfriend kicked me out and kept my passport and bank cards I'd be straight down the cop shop reporting stolen, worry about the other shit later you need your passport in your hands. Living with a girl here everything is in thier name so you must be prepared for it to turn to shit.
That's my rant.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Living with a girl here everything is in thier name so you must be prepared for it to turn to shit.

Nothing is in the girl's name if you're renting a place.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Cooldude wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:29 am Living with a girl here everything is in thier name so you must be prepared for it to turn to shit.

Nothing is in the girl's name if you're renting a place.
My Moto is, but this thread just reminded me to send myself an email of my new passport
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
dvdpnh
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by dvdpnh »

Hate to see someone an ocean away from home in such dire straits. If you have a way to collate and prepare proof of citizenship, I will be willing to help with the renewal cost for the 5-yr version here:

https://www.international.gc.ca/country ... ang=eng#PS

As for immigration fines, I will not commit but if they are not piled up as high as Mt Everest, I might help too, provided you are successful in renewing your passport.

A copy of the passport might suffice for the renewal. I see there is a small additional fee for renewing a valid lost or stolen passport which I am willing to absorb if that would be a feasible avenue to help you move forward.

You will need to fix this sooner or later. Living here in limbo might work for a limited time but not forever. While limits can be stretched, as a non-citizen you will one day need to contend with the consequences of living here undocumented.

No repayment necessary and no conditions attached apart from making this unfortunate situation an aha moment that you can draw an important lesson from.
Last edited by dvdpnh on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic