"Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

angsta wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:43 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:32 pm Hey, i've been down and out more than once in various countries< Lived on the streets in SF and in New Delhi for months at aa time., Dumpster diving, begging, stealing... you do what ya got to do
Still have no problem telling it like it is
sure shit happens, but you learn to deal with it>
Stop digging.
Some people were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, Richard was born with a shovel.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by sigmoid »

This website has resources for online teaching:

https://www.goodairlanguage.com/

including various job lists (complete list, companies currently hiring, companies that don't require a degree, etc.) and an Online Teaching Guide with some tips and background info.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Just posting to say if I haven't responded to everyone, I've been really busy all day trying to deal with my housing situation at the moment. Thank you to those who reached out with suggestions for help and everything.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

You've had a rough go in Cambodia, you won't be the last and you are not the first. My thought is to strongly advise emailing your embassy. I gather you are Canadian, eh? A general email that might get to the right folks in the embassy is [email protected]. Tell them all that you want in the email and ask for help and advise. Please stay on their good side and don't ramble on in any emails or use non professional language. Also, get in contact with your Canadian representative in government simultaneously and cc all correspondence with your government rep' aide to keep everything moving along. You are in a crisis situation and I don't buy any tales of not being able to go back to Canada. Please take this under consideration before you fall further into an abyss that you will have no control over.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Quick update: Let's call the advert finished for now.

I sold enough stuff so I am now in a position to keep a few things, so I'll say this advert is closed now.

Thank you to the people who reached out in PMs and in messaging me directly, some of you have opened doors for me to be in this better situation as well, so thank you.

Definitely not out of the blue yet, but I am feeling optimistic about things at the moment.

Small note:

I contacted my embassy and was declined assistance, saying there is nothing available to me. Just to those who find themselves in a similar position, I was young when I left my "home" country, and right now I have no connections, family or friends, tax history or credit, or any valid ID or paperwork outside of my passport. This might be different for someone who has more roots in their home country, so, just putting this out there if/when someone finds themself in a similar situation.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:54 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 pm sad times, but even with a bitch for an ex no excuse to let ur passport /visa lapse
if you have been here as long as you state surely you must know some people from better days> beats asking random people on a forum

If Canada is anything like the states, the embassy wont do much for ya, they will contact someone back in the states for you, but you state nobody to contact>
doubt they will give ya a loan to return, Unless ur plead on ur knees. BUT if you have nowhere to go there>>>>
At the minimum, at least go to the embassy an renew ur passport

To everyone reading this
things can go to shit if ur not on top of it
Nothing like kicking a guy when he’s down huh Dick ...... only a douche would feel the need to have began with that 1st paragraph ......
I don't read anything in there kicking a guy when he's down, first paragraph letting your visa run out and honestly you deserve a kicking for doing that, no excuses simple as that, or are we supposed to feel sorry and have nothing for sympathy for educated people being dumb.
Anyway seems oops getting on top of things
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm I don't read anything in there kicking a guy when he's down, first paragraph letting your visa run out and honestly you deserve a kicking for doing that, no excuses simple as that, or are we supposed to feel sorry and have nothing for sympathy for educated people being dumb.
Anyway seems oops getting on top of things
So if I told you my ex took my passport and I had no other form of ID, and the only way to get my proof of citizenship papers was through the Bangkok embassy which I couldn't get to because she had my passport, is that what you call being dumb? Fyi for my fellow Canucks, the Canadian embassy in Cambodia does not do proof of citizenship papers, only basic renewals.

Just curious. You act like I had the power or something to do something about this situation, as if I hadn't been in this country over the space of two decades with 20+ visas and hadn't magically known about these things that whole time. When life fucks you over, that's what is means. It fucks you over...

Don't be too quick to judge unless you know who's shoes you are in.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Sounds good but I am not buying the part where you say the Canadian Embassy had no services for you. If they did say that to you then you have ground to challenge that and if you don't challenge then you lose the ability to play the pity card. If you are a Canadian citizen the Canadian State dept is obligated to aide you as a destitute Canadian abroad.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

^^^We'll see what happens. I've been outside for 7-8 hours today and am exhausted so I'll reply more when I get settled.

What I did was send a message with a brief explanation of my situation and that I was seeking assistance, and the message I got was a "There is no assistance from the embassy in your situation" or something to this effect, "but you can contact such and such division and see something else is available." so it could have easily been me messaging the wrong division of citizen services. I'll look into it more.

And I apologize for being a little snappy too, I've been stressed lately. I'll try and keep things more civil and less dramatic.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

What happened to you could have happened to anybody in any other country if not all. We all have our stregnhts and weaknesses. No exeption to that. Cheer up, your just about to write a new chapter in your life. Wish you well.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic