Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Post by nemo »

With cannabis now stricken from the list of illicit narcotics, the health minister swept into power on a cloud of cannabis promises before losing his luster under a series of unforced errors managing the pandemic, said he would introduce the Cannabis Act in parliament today.

“There will be a little more legal process, but we will go through this together,” Anutin Charnvirakul said yesterday. Calls made to Anutin and the Narcotics Control Board were not immediately returned Wednesday.

So once the law is passed, the king signs it and those changes are fully in effect around mid-year, will every day be April 20th in the streets?

Again, a pro-weed booster said that though people won’t be able to light up in the streets, they will totally be able to do so at home, as well in soon-to-be unveiled “sandbox” areas – a metaphor really losing the plot – that will likely be specified in the Cannabis Act.

“[The designated areas] could be at Pattaya or Koh Phangan, where people can smoke weed freely,” Seksan “Sek” Auttasan said.

Importantly, it means safely transporting weed will no longer require placement in underwear or testicle tape. Avery noted that it’s likely that the government will cap allowable possession at a certain limit in the Cannabis Act.

Seksan said a perk of delisting cannabis plants is people will no longer risk arrest for possession.

“They also cannot get arrested at checkpoints when police find marijuana buds or when their urine tests positive for marijuana,” he said.

But while people will be free to grow weed and smoke it at home, they will have to inform their local government office. Anutin said it’s just a formality but encouraged people to consume it for government-approved uses.

“It’s notification, not applying for permission,” Anutin said Tuesday. “There will be no hindrance [from the authorities.] Just please do not use it in the wrong way.”

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/yes-th ... d-at-home/
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

He says "Please do not use it in the wrong way" I didn't know there was a wrong way ?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Importantly, it means safely transporting weed will no longer require placement in underwear or testicle tape.
The removing of testicle tape would be as daunting as police finding your stash.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:17 pm
Importantly, it means safely transporting weed will no longer require placement in underwear or testicle tape.
The removing of testicle tape would be as daunting as police finding your stash.
Let's (kind of) do it in music then, here's some (vaguely related) visual support
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That would have been groundbreaking and exciting news 20 years ago. Now, meh, yet another country with legal weed.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He's just a massively corrupt guy who's never done an honest days work in his life. These are the crooks that have been raping the country's finances since they killed their fellow countrymen,, with zero accountability. These people are the worst 1% in Thailand and deserve to be hung from rhe nearest tree. Do to them what they will undoubtedbly do to anyone that expresses an opinion and hghlights their greed and theft..
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:beer3: :beer3: :bow: :thumb: :thumb:
Police will be unable to arrest anyone in possession of cannabis when it’s officially removed from the Category 5 narcotics list tomorrow, according to the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB).

The ONCB yesterday outlined to police nationwide how, in most cases, cannabis will not be considered an illicit drug from tomorrow when a Ministry of Public Health announcement published in the Royal Gazette on Feb 9 takes effect.

This means that the production, import, export, distribution, consumption, and possession of cannabis will be formally legalised. However, cannabis oil extracts that contain more than 0.2% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive compound in cannabis, will still be recognised as a category 5 substance and regulated under laws pertaining to narcotics control and suppression.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... z_7FY2G1NQ

Been waiting for this since i first visited Thailand way back in 1975
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The weed any good in Thailand? They certainly have the climate for it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Good news; I'm usually a happy relaxed toker but the last half dozen times I was in BKK in 2019 I was uber paranoid every time I had a few tokes that I'd get arrested by some extortionate BKK piggies and either shaken down for a large amount of baht or locked up
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

You know for a person entering Singapore if found to have traces of weed in urine is considered a crime and will be prosecuted accordingly. There are random checks. Why I’m saying this is because I’m from there but living in Bangkok so I cannot be naughty still 😂.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic