Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Post by phuketrichard »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:28 pm This menu is rather misleading. There is no way they can know the exact THC content of that weed without having every batch sent to an independent lab for testing which I'm almost positive they're not doing.
so in effect this price list in america is also misleading?
https://www.medmen.com/boston-fenway-me ... %5D=flower
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:23 pm Pattaya

LEGAL!!!!!! 28-34% Thc DAM :beer1:
personally even for me, thats to fucking strong
Someone ought to call the cops on that Pattaya seller.

Wasn't the THC content supposed to be capped at 0.2%?

Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:40 pm
Cooldude wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:28 pm This menu is rather misleading. There is no way they can know the exact THC content of that weed without having every batch sent to an independent lab for testing which I'm almost positive they're not doing.
so in effect this price list in america is also misleading?
https://www.medmen.com/boston-fenway-me ... %5D=flower
Any weed being sold in dispensaries in the States is tracked from seed or clone until harvest with every plant receiving it's own bar code. All of the weed is then sent to an independent lab and tested for such things as pesticides and THC levels before it hits the dispensaries shelves. Laws vary by state but if they say a certain weed has a certain THC level, they aren't lying.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:12 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:23 pm Pattaya

LEGAL!!!!!! 28-34% Thc DAM :beer1:
personally even for me, thats to fucking strong
Someone ought to call the cops on that Pattaya seller.

Wasn't the THC content supposed to be capped at 0.2%?

EXTRACTS!!!! Not the flower

Hua Hin Mall

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Something that comes to mind, even thou it was Just made legal june 10th
these shops were ready, as it takes months to plant, cut, dry and package ur goods

Bit of topic but watch the newest Southpark,, Weed needs lots of water :-)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good read:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/sp ... -that-high

.......in a nutshell
What they have done is remove ganga from list of narcotic drugs, by Health Dept but no law yet on what is legal /illegal use. Cannabis and Hemp Act law is in process of being drafted but will probably be at least 30 days or more from being passed. They state: "Flowers and buds have high THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and must be classified as narcotic drugs. Under the bill, flowers and buds will be regulated. But because the bill is not passed into law yet, the Foreign Ministry has some concerns when it has to explain the issue to INCB and Asean countries. "
these guys were ready last year

Launched another company, “Cannabiz Way”, hoping to share its business with hemp.
For the current company has partners ready to buy raw materials and has built a center on an area of ​​36 rai, planting hemp, the largest in Southeast Asia, totaling an area of ​​9,000 square meters, using smart farming technology that can control light, air, temperature, humidity, fertilizer, water, as well as an insect repellent system. It is expected that 500,000 cannabis and cannabis plants can be planted throughout the year, as well as being a research and development center for hemp and cannabis cultivation systems to obtain a full range of high CBD substances, ready to open to individuals interested in the hemp business for the economy to enter. Watch and join hands as a business partner.
https://cannabisforthailand.com/launche ... with-hemp/

a major grow
Ms Unarin said an oversupply of hemp and cannabis is unlikely as cultivating them is not easy and pests can be a big problem for cannabis farmers. Cannabiz Way grows about 75,000 hemp and cannabis plants on a 9,000 square metre plot of land in Saraburi.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I've got no personal interest in the consumption of marijuana, but what does interest me is how the Health Minister and his big vested interest chums are going to corner the market and ensure the potential billions of baht generated ends up in their own pockets.

I'm sure their strategy will be revealed gradually. I did note that a 10 million baht ganja promotional event, the biggest so far, was held at the Buriram Chang Motor Racing Complex at the weekend. That is owned by Newin Chidchob, brother of the current Transport Secretary, and who many regard as the defacto leader behind Anutin's BhumjaiThai party.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

DankSinatra wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:43 am I cant wait to get high as fook after surfing in Phuket.
Phuket is ready for you::
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Well, this just smacked me in the head. I read so many confusing reports, including those by the likes of Reuters and Bloomberg. They all got some of it wrong. Of course, the Thai gov didn't help by creating a mishmash of info. But, much to my disbelieving shock, weed is indeed legal in Thailand.

Coconuts News has had it right all along, with all the proof in dozens of photos of Thailand's first 420 Festival, showing folks sucking on joints. While weed is legal, only the supercharged extracts will be controlled. More regulations to come. There's not even an age limit at the moment. Friends of mine have already bought some bud at Sukhumweed -- love the name -- on Sukhumvit 42 at Rama 4, Bangkok.

By the way, I haven't smoked up in over 40 years, even though I'm from Canada. This is likely to change in the next week or so.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/blunt- ... alization/

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thaila ... ay-photos/

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features/sm ... al-photos/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I haven't really stopped smoking since 1965, just a few times when it just wasn't a good idea or available

Far prefer it to drinking

a few of the ( mostly thais) 80,000 that visited a marijuana symposium and workshop on Sunday to find out all about growing and using weed and hemp, reported Siam Rath who said that 10 million baht was spent at the fair.

excerpts:
....He said he was concerned that smoking weed impaired driving ability and in the past had contributed to accidents on Thailand's treacherous roads.
He called being high and driving "very dangerous" and urged people not to smoke and get behind the wheel.
i found it much safer than to drive while drunk, as you know ur fucked up, so are extra careful :beer3:

He hinted at a law change being possible to decide what "mao" (drunk) on marijuana actually meant.

Thaejing called the law "completely unclear". He was also concerned that little had been done to restrict weed products for under 18s up to now.
For those who have suggested that the law change was just about growing hemp and ganja products containing 0.2% THC, think again.

The advice about illegality currently is that THC levels only refer to what is known as extracts.
This all comes with the caveat about what the cabinet will decide and how the police will firstly interpret the law and secondly make efforts to push for clarity and changes in its specifics.

Thailand is entering a new era and it is fairly typical that the authorities have failed miserably to understand the implications, we suggest.

But there is widespread interest and a lot of money involved.

Many are in favor of complete liberalization but detractors are concerned especially when it comes to issues like DUI, youth smoking and possible annoyance to non-users.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1262616-conf ... q-4Pqn3UxY

dont forget what Freewheelin' Franklin said

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic